Marketing Operations & Contracts Senior Manager
Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Legal
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a collaborative, well organized and detail-oriented Marketing Operations & Contacts Senior Manager to oversee and support the legal aspects of Bumble’s marketing operations across the US, Canada and LATAM.
Based in our HQ in Austin TX, reporting directly to the Director of Legal Affairs, this role will involve elements of project management, legal and finance and is ideal for someone with expertise in cross-functional process improvement as well as interpreting and negotiating commercial/legal terms with marketing partners. Additional experience in contracts management, law and/or general operations of a fast-growing international business would be a big plus.
What you will do:
Working closely with the marketing teams across the Americas, as well as being a key liaison with the legal, operations & finance teams, you and your team will be responsible for ensuring that contracts relating to marketing initiatives are constructed, executed and tracked efficiently.
You will monitor delivery and performance against these contracts, ensuring optimal commercial terms are negotiated while deadlines and KPIs are met. You will also play a key role in initiatives to improve and automate our processes and associated technical systems, as well as coaching and advising team members.
Your Role will Include:
- Working with marketing teams to draft, review and approve ‘statements of work’, terms & conditions and overall agreements for marketing services being provided to Bumble in the Americas, including the US, Canada and LATAM - including Master Services Agreements, influencers, agencies, events, sponsorships.
- Overseeing templates, systems and processes (including contract management software) to track the status of legal documents as they relate to marketing initiatives; training teams on how to effectively use these templates and systems
- Helping to directly negotiate deal points for more complex / higher value agreements, resolving challenges and building good relationships with vendors and partners, as well as coaching and advising team members on best practices to maximize value
- Liaising with local marketing teams and external service providers to track delivery, performance / KPIs and invoicing schedules / debtor management
- Working with internal and external counsel in an efficient manner to seek advice, construct and amend legal & commercial agreements across different countries
- Managing and developing a small team of direct reports
- Handling contests, sweepstakes and promotions
- Working cross-functionally to maintain alignment and facilitate positive communication between departments
- Shrewd, detail-focused, completer-finisher
- You’re the kind of person who doesn’t just do what they’re asked to do, but enjoys coming up with the best way of solving a problem, achieving better value, or fixing a ‘broken’ process
- Loves systems, processes and finding new & effective ways of organizing or tracking things
- Flexible & adaptable; feels energized by working on a wide range of tasks at all times
- Self starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversightInstinctive understanding of, and alignment with, Bumble’s brand values
- Exceptional communication skills as you will be a key point of contact for teams globally
Desirable experience, knowledge and skills:
- At least 6 years of demonstrable experience in contracts management, law, marketing operations, or another relevant line of work
- Experience in negotiating terms with marketing/commercial partners
- Experience in liaising with legal, financial and/or operations teams; working cross-functionality to get things done, streamline processes and maximize value
- Experience in training and empowering other team members to adopt new ways of working
- Experience in automating processes and/or implementing new technologies to increase efficiency and solve problems
- Understanding of consumer marketing terminology, activities and goalsFamiliarity with social media platforms, advertising and regulation
- Understanding of American and ideally Canadian or LATAM legal / financial / business requirements preferredExperience with contests, sweepstakes and promotions would be a big plus
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 70 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.