Freelance Traditional Chinese Translator
MagicLab – Localisation
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and tech-savvy translator to work on a freelance basis. You will localise our product content into Traditional Chinese, ensuring Badoo/Bumble’s voice feels and sounds natural to Traditional Chinese-speaking users.
You will work remotely (ideally based in the UK) and some weekend work is required. Interview and training can take place at our Soho office in London or via Skype.
- Localise content for web and mobile applications to reflect local jargon, phraseologies and nuances
- Provide enticing translations for marketing and SEO/ASO copy
- Review, proofread and test translations within the context of the application/feature to continuously improve copy quality
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Fluency in Traditional Chinese and a good command of English
- Degree qualification in Copywriting, Translation, Journalism or other similar language-related area; or equivalent work experience
- Experience in copywriting and writing for the web
- Understanding of local social media scene and target audience
- Highly committed Internet and mobile user