Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Creative
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a thoughtful, creative, meticulous yet quick copywriter to join our team in our HQ in Austin, TX. You will be responsible for writing copy for marketing, partnership, and brand purposes.
This copywriter should have a strong portfolio of varied work along with 4 years of professional experience. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly adaptable person looking for a multifaceted and fast-paced opportunity in a growing global tech company.
You’ll be reporting to the Associate Creative Director, Content in the Austin HQ, working closely with creative team members — including an additional copywriter — to support marketing, partnership, and brand initiatives.
Most importantly, you will embody the empowering, witty voice of the Bumble brand to connect with the user at all points.
- Approximately 4 years copywriting experience, particularly in the digital space.
- Bonus if you have experience copywriting for an app (agency or in-house brand experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s in Advertising, English, Journalism, Creative Writing, or a related field/experience
- Ability to adapt tone for a variety of projects/platforms and write exceptionally clean copy quickly, from headlines and ads to blogs and scripts
- Excellent command of editing and proofreading skills (particularly proficient in AP Style)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment
- Write persuasive copy that informs, entertains, inspires, and attracts new Bumble users
- Maintain the established brand voice for Bumble, speaking to both users and non-users
- Work within exceedingly tight deadlines while collaborating across multiple departments
- Execute and support all copy tasks across regional, local, and national marketing, including but not limited to: subject lines, action tags/CTAs, contests, sweepstakes, paid advertising, product messaging, proofreading, editing, SEO alignment, special brand initiatives, and more
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 70 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.