Senior Social Media Manager
Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Marketing & Partnerships
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a Sr. Social Media Manager to join our growing social team! The ideal candidate will have a passion for the Bumble brand and mission. They should have previous experience launching compelling campaigns and managing multiple digital platforms for a global agency or brand. They will be personable, efficient and a high performer in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing company environment and will be responsible for day-to-day social media management and growth of Bumble’s diverse social communities across all three of Bumble’s modes.
The Sr. Social Media Manager should be directly connected to the cultural ‘zeitgeist’ and have a passion for all things pop culture. They are three steps ahead of what’s trending, with a creative eye on how to shape content through a strong brand voice, and have a zeal for knowing what will resonate socially and how to respond to trending cultural moments in real time.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Social Media and will be empowered to run projects on an individual and autonomous basis. This position is based in Austin, Texas.
- Day-to-day management of Bumble’s portfolio of social accounts
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop social creative and lead thought leadership for the social team around brand campaigns
- Develop ongoing social content franchises (with a focus on video - IGTV and YouTube series)
- Opportunity to pitch and develop new and experimental formats or franchises across platforms
- Support community management across social media channels
- Copywriting authority in the Bumble brand voice for social media posts and stories
- Reporting on performance across social media channels
Required experience, knowledge, and skills:
- 5+ years experience in a social media, marketing, or creative role
- Creative firepower - love brainstorming and sharing new ideas for social campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of social media trends, social and meme culture, and how a clearly defined brand can cut through
- Familiar with third-party analytics and scheduling platforms
- Solid understanding of major established and emerging social media platforms (with a particular emphasis on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube)
- Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines
- Promoting continual creative improvement and actively contributing to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Passion for the Bumble brand, mission, and culture
- Take initiative in handling projects and anticipating needs
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- Outstanding time-management and prioritization skills, with the ability to excel at multiple priorities under short deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Unafraid to hustle, hustle, hustle
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Bumble, the women-first social networking platform, was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. With nearly 90 million users, Bumble connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. They've built their platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and their users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 150 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over a billion women-led first moves and over fifteen billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.