Legal Counsel IP
MagicLab – Legal
MagicLab is seeking an all-round Legal Counsel IP with a strong background in Intellectual Property Law to support the global IP portfolio, brand enforcement, brand expansion and licensing matters as well as a range of fast moving, tech-focused commercial and corporate matters. Reporting to the Head of IP and Brand Protection, the applicant will enjoy an extremely broad role across MagicLab’s entire product portfolio and work closely with the brand marketing and design teams as well as other key business stakeholders. This role would suit an experienced IP lawyer looking to branch out in-house in a more business centred role, and work independently within a small and dynamic team.
Role can be based in London or Malta with frequent travel necessary.
We are willing to consider UK or EU residents prepared to relocate.
- Provide timely, effective, reliable and user-friendly advice on IP/legal issues and risks.
- IP clearance and searching supporting marketing and design teams.
- IP portfolio management, IP enforcement and prosecution (trade marks, designs, copyright, patents, domain names, social media handles).
- Creating and managing evidence archives.
- Assisting in IP litigation as required.
- Undertake a broad variety of corporate work, including supporting and handling corporate secretarial matters.
- Advise, draft and negotiate a broad range of IP and commercial contracts (including IP assignment agreements, co-existence agreements, marketing agreements, licensing and merchandise agreements, white label agreements, software licence agreements).
- Become a trusted adviser to business leaders.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 2:1 BA/BS/LLB degree or equivalent.
- Qualified lawyer in UK/Malta or an EU country.
- 1-3 years PQE desirable and good private practice training and experience.
- Broad experience of international IP law, experience in trademark, copyright, domain name and patent prosecution and enforcement.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial contracts and experience of advising on licensing, advertising and product liability issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate matters and experience of corporate secretarial matters.
- Resilient and comfortable interacting with senior management, and ability to provide advice confidently and effectively.
- Ability to work autonomously and desire to take ownership of projects.
- Ability to deliver a high standard of work under time constraints.
- Strong drafting skills.
- Experience in a commercial setting (in-house /client secondment).
- Superior communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to adapt communication style to suit a particular situation.
- Excellent analytical, organisational and leadership skills.
- Keen interest in the tech industry.