DEI Program Specialist
Austin, TX, US /
Bumble App – General - Bumble App /
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a DEI Program Specialist to join our new Center of Excellence (COE) team. As the DEI Program Specialist you will support, coordinate, and implement DEI learning, engagement and development programs. This position reports directly to the Center of Excellence Director.
- Support development of our Center of Excellence promoting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Build spreadsheets, and presentations that make sense of the data and articulate message and impact concisely
- Maintain operational excellence through COE documentation, reporting, tracking and charting process
- In collaboration with directors co-develop KPI reports and recap presentations to be used to update company leadership and the wider organization
- Manage development of our case studies library and best practices documentation
- Monitor and report on diversity and inclusion topics to the COE team and research evidence-based DEI best practices to drive results as assigned
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop support and development resources for the program's long-term success
- Project manage some of the COE initiatives to ensure completion on time and within budget
- Coordinate our diversity report process
- Other responsibilities as requested
Required experience, knowledge and skills:
- Must have measurable experience developing process and raising suggestions for improvement and optimization
- Fact driven and analytically-minded with excellent attention to detail
- Solid and succinct written communicator; Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and manage ad hoc high priority requests from director
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential/sensitive information
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in the DEI space
- Enjoy taking the initiative
- Can absorb information, analyze the data/analytics and pull out clear and useful insights
- You have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion values // Deep interest in cultivating diversity and promoting inclusion
- Enjoy communicating complex ideas effectively in concise writing and with visuals which is why making decks is your forte
- Ability to work constructively in a remote work environment
What you’ll be part of - Our Center of Excellence:
We are building a new model for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion that effectively delivers on our mission and values but also drives innovation for the company. From our products to investments in community, this team is helping drive company transformation and community impact simultaneously. All forward-thinking and passionate builders are welcome!
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
* Flexible working hours
* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
* ‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
* ‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
About Bumble app: Bumble, the women-first social networking app, was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble connects people across dating (Bumble Date), friendship (Bumble BFF) and professional networking (Bumble Bizz). No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. They've built their platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and their users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero-tolerance for hate, aggression, or bullying. Bumble is available in 150 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over a billion women-led first moves and over fifteen billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.