Social Media Director
Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Marketing & Partnerships
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a strategic Social Media Director to run Bumble’s social media channels - date, bizz, and bff - to join our team in our HQ in Austin, TX. With some 725k+ followers across three modes, we are looking for a candidate with a comprehensive understanding and ability to amplify our USP and brand values to our followers with the goal of consistently growing our following while driving new users to download Bumble.
The Social Media Director will be responsible for creating compelling and engaging content that supports marketing objectives and always on content across social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok, etc.) for Bumble. They will work closely with the Social Media Strategy Manager and outside agency to create thoughtful, strategic content. This person will also be responsible for building out a social media team. This role reports to the Creative Marketing Officer and is responsible for driving creative strategy from concept to execution, inclusive of brand voice, look and feel, and taking platform nuances into account for optimal performance.
The Director should be directly connected to the cultural ‘zeitgeist’ and have a passion for all things pop culture. They are three steps ahead of what’s trending, with a creative eye on how to shape content through a strong brand voice, and have a zeal for knowing what will resonate socially.
Most importantly, they will embody the empowering voice of the Bumble brand to connect with followers and draw new followers at all points.
Who You Are:
- Strong writing, editing and language skills/copywriting background
- Strong art/design skills, comfortable concepting ideas and managing a campaign through production and post-pro
- Strong visual sense, with a solid understanding of photography principles for mobile-first content and prodigious Photoshop skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working across multiple functional areas to achieve goals
- Ability to manage time efficiently and work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment
- Extremely process and results driven and can define and communicate clear deadlines and aggressive schedules for social media processes
- Proven ability to scrutinize large amounts of content, identify and fix issues
- Strategic thinker and self-starter, specifically in identifying innovative partnership opportunities with our social media platforms
- Ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
You Also Have:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in social media, advertising, publishing or marketing communications; social media strategy experience
- Experience building out a social team
- Prior digital marketing experience (social, email, mobile, etc.)
- Prior experience with luxury fashion brand or retailer
- Bachelor's degree in creative, communications, marketing or a related field
- A minimum of 6 years experience in the digital space.
- Bachelor’s in Advertising, English, Journalism, Creative Writing, or a related field/experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment
As The Social Media Director You Will:
- Develop social content strategy, calendar and voice for all social channels.
- Collaborate with brand team, field teams and agency partners to grow and support national and micro influencer media campaigns and to extend cohesive brand messaging and strategy across social media channels
- Develop programmatic KPIs and performance benchmarks based on member & prospect engagement along with overall audience growth goals
- Supervise, lead and coach direct reports, including social media manager(s), social media specialist(s) and social care team(s).
- Concept, produce and edit mobile-first content for all platforms and target audiences, based on marketing priorities
- Stay current with social platform tech and trend developments and best practices in an effort to push innovative concepts and test/learn campaigns
- Ideate and concept content that meets creative and paid media best practices for priority social channels and lead production from budgeted shoots to organic mobile opportunities
- Pitch ideas to strategically integrate social in a meaningful way to support business and branding initiatives
- Partner within the social team to measure content performance and find opportunities to optimize month over month
- Responsible for populating content calendar, platform publishing/ scheduling and copywriting
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 70 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.