Field Marketing Manager (US)
Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Marketing & Partnerships
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, proactive, and managerial College Field Marketing Manager to build Bumble’s brand as the leading relationships and social networking app in the United States.
Bumble’s core values are rooted in kindness and equality by connecting people and bringing together like-minded communities. Our college marketing approach aims at extending our Bumble brand values to students around the United States - appointing selected individuals as Bumble ‘ambassadors’ to be part of the movement while growing personally and professionally in their own endeavors.
The College Field Marketing Manager will lead always-on marketing across college campuses in the United States. This role will effectively recruit, onboard, train, and manage their ambassador in territories assigned to them.
This individual will also help spread this word-of-mouth and visibility through unique, creative guerrilla activations in the United States, leaning on their knowledge of what’s relevant and cool to deliver high-impact, visually stimulating moments around campus. They are creative, adaptable, and unafraid to set outside of the box and pilot new tactics.
Based in the United States and reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Field Operations, this individual will be responsible for building and scaling Bumble’s field marketing activities in the United States through ambassador programs, events, and guerrilla marketing.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Create, execute, and manage a 360-Degree field marketing strategy for the United States University ambassador program
- Understand, track, and manage Gen Z specific trends and competitive landscape at the university level; provide recommendations on how to optimize the ambassador program and collegiate marketing efforts
- Work cross-functionally across HQ departments to ensure consistent marketing and activations
- Be proactive in your approach and take initiative, leveraging learnings from successes and challenges of other departments and emerging Bumble markets
- Identify, test, adopt and amplify best practices; share learnings across field marketing teams
- Drive growth in order to hit or exceed business KPIs across the US
- Post-activity follow up: gathering reports, collating photos, retargeting
- Creative ideation around wider regional marketing activities.
- Assisting with other events & partnerships across the US as needed
- Management of College Events Coordinator and College Marketing Coordinator overseeing the college ambassador program events, relationships, tasks, and operations
- Contract and budget management for the College Marketing department
- Passionate about the Bumble brand vision and values
- Enthusiastic, energetic, entrepreneurial, creative, collaborative
- Self-starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight, leveraging and learning from successes and challenges of other emerging Bumble markets
- Flexible and adaptable
- Exceptional communication skills
- Unafraid to hustle, hustle, hustle
Required Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- 4+ years of professional experience in field marketing or marketing (or a related background)
- Previous management experience (full timers, part timers, and ambassadors)
- Budget management and tracking
- Extensive knowledge of United States culture and higher education landscape, as well as wide networks of contacts
- Both creatively and strategically-minded and can localize a marketing strategy to hit or exceed KPIs
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 70 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.