MagicLab – Engineering
We are looking for a PHP developer for our Billing department to take part in the development of one the most sophisticated and interesting Billings in the world, supporting more than 35 payment methods across the global — starting with the well-known SMS payments and Apple/Google Stores to cryptocurrencies and vouchers — in every country and currency. We’re a PCI DSS Level 1 complaint, meaning that we process credit cards payments in-house, and have expertise in fighting payments fraud and other know-how technologies.
- Participate in a creation of a very large scale web application (PHP/MySQL, 300+ million users, over 1 billion dynamic requests to the backend daily) and see the results of your efforts in a matter of days
- Write backend code and design databases, no client-side coding required
- Actively participate in the whole process of development, from initial design to deployment and support
- Proactively communicate with colleagues, discuss applications design
- Suggest and implement high-tech, innovative solutions
- Optimise web applications, look for bottlenecks and, as and when necessary, implement visualisation and monitoring systems
Key skills and experience
- Proven web application development experienceExpert knowledge of PHP — strong and weak sides of the language, OOP in PHP, patterns, etc.
- Experience in relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- Understanding how to optimise and fine-tune web applications that use MySQL
- Knowledge of *nix console environment
- Knowledge of popular project tracking tools (JIRA) and version control systems (Git)
MagicLab is a growing family of brands that built, owns, and operates Badoo, Bumble, Chappy, and Lumen. Our group shares a foundation of technology, talent, and experience that accelerates and compounds our long-term growth. We are a global team of brilliant product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, and researchers who enable our platforms to scale in our mission to create life changing moments by building relationships.