Bumble – Product and Engineering
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a leading performer who leads product design & other designers. This is a hybrid product/UX role. Building cross-functional relationships with senior management, Product Managers, Developer Leads. A hands-on role, some design work is required.
You will be in charge of a holistic product design approach, balancing user needs with product and marketing goals in product design. The Design Lead will be required to make strategical long-term product design decisions in terms of conceptual projects, delivery projects and design ops. You will need to think about product & design strategy with PMs and other designers and of course, be capable of bringing new innovative design ideas across several products.
This person will have led a group of designers to design & deliver one of the products they have worked on and will have contributed to the design process, team values and supported other designers growth.
- Work closely with PMs & stakeholders to identify any problems / opportunities for Bumble.
- Shape product strategy and vision together with PMs and present it to the stakeholders
- Advocate for user needs and balance this with business needs.
- Lead design process together with other designers.
- Design world-class user experience and ship it
- Mentor designers and help them set and achieve satisfying career goals.
- Promote & help to improve our design culture.
- 1+ years of proven track record of leading a small design team
- 5+ years in-depth knowledge and experience of mobile apps design
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing
- Strong knowledge of the full cycle of design process: research & analysis → conceptual thinking → UX/UI → validation.
- A passion for design and people.
- Good communication and management skills.
- Ability to lead design-related meetings like ideations, critique sessions, design demos, etc
- Knowledge of Atomic design principles & evidence of creating a design system
- Knowledge of research methods.
- Basic understanding of dev stack technologies.
- Knowledge of native platforms design guidelines and design-delivery process.
- Some knowledge of brand&identity design is a plus.
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work for Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role!
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 55 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.