Design Lead - Bumble
MagicLab – Product & Design
Bumble is looking for a leading performer who leads product design & other designers. This is a hybrid product/UX role. Building cross-functional relationships with senior management, Product Managers, Developer Leads. A hands-on role, some design work is required.
You will be in charge of a holistic product design approach, balancing user needs with product and marketing goals in product design. The Design Lead will be required to make strategical long-term product design decisions in terms of conceptual projects, delivery projects and design ops. You will need to think about product & design strategy with PMs and other designers and of course, be capable of bringing new innovative design ideas across several products.
This person will have led a group of designers to design & deliver one of the products they have worked on and will have contributed to the design process, team values and supported other designers growth.
- Work closely with PMs & stakeholders to identify any problems / opportunities for Bumble.
- Shape product strategy and vision together with PMs and present it to the stakeholders
- Advocate for user needs and balance this with business needs.
- Lead design process together with other designers.
- Design world-class user experience and ship it
- Mentor designers and help them set and achieve satisfying career goals.
- Promote & help to improve our design culture.
- 1+ years of proven track record of leading a small design team
- 5+ years in-depth knowledge and experience of mobile apps design
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing
- Strong knowledge of the full cycle of design process: research & analysis → conceptual thinking → UX/UI → validation.
- A passion for design and people.
- Good communication and management skills.
- Ability to lead design-related meetings like ideations, critique sessions, design demos, etc
- Knowledge of Atomic design principles & evidence of creating a design system
- Knowledge of research methods.
- Basic understanding of dev stack technologies.
- Knowledge of native platforms design guidelines and design-delivery process.
- Some knowledge of brand&identity design is a plus.