New York, NY, US
Bumble – PR/Communications
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a quick-thinking, detail-focused Writer/Editor to play a pivotal role in the growth of our content offering at the women-first dating and networking app. The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer, having had experience in journalism and/or digital content production. They will be adept at juggling multiple projects at a time and feel confident working both independently and with colleagues on every team, from marketing to product. This is not a traditional journalism/reporting job, but for the right candidate, it’s the chance to help develop editorial products from scratch across a number of platforms.
This role will be based in our Soho, NY office.
- Day-to-day management of The Buzz, Bumble’s online content hub, including writing original content, editing content drafted by internal stakeholders (e.g., international colleagues), aiding with the commissioning of freelance pieces, and handling all things backend/CMS.
- Work with the Editorial Director on overall content strategy and development of new content franchises to support each of Bumble’s modes (Date, BFF, and Bizz) across multiple platforms, including in-app, email/newsletter, and special projects (e.g. print, audio).
- Work with Partnerships team and Editorial Director on execution of custom/paid content.
- Handle general admin as required, e.g. managing freelancer payment; liaising with the accounting team on invoices.
Required experience / attributes:
- BA degree (English Lit, Journalism or related field preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in journalism and/or content production
- Experience with CMS preferred
- Strong writing skills and ability to turn around clean copy quickly
- Editing and/or commissioning experience preferred
- Love of media and keen sense for news, current events, and pop culture
- Appreciation of the importance of brand voice and ability to adapt tone for a variety of projects/platforms
- Must be able to work cross-functionally across multiple departments, including those based at our Austin, TX HQ and international markets
- Thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing, and demanding environment
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 70 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.