Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Finance and Accounting
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a Senior Accountant to own full cycle accounting. This position will report to our Assistant Controller and will oversee month-end close process.
- Manage and oversee the month-end close process including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and review the work of others.
- Proactively identify areas for potential improvements and collaborate with Assistant Controller on planning and execution
- Interface with global teams, outside service providers, and vendors in support of company goals and objectives
- Aid in the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Mentor and coach other team members
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit
- Liaise with international service providers to ensure deadlines for local filings are met
- Manage yearly preparation and distribution of 1099 reporting
- Assist with special projects and other duties as needed
- Ensure local and statutory compliance
- Experience managing a team, coaching, and reviewing the work of others
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- CPA (or equivalent)
- 5-7 years of accounting experience; public accounting experience required; Big 4 and/ or public/ private mix preferred
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and SOX
- Excellent project management skills and experience working with a fast-paced, start-up, in a global environment
- Experience working in SAP- B1 is a plus
- Team-oriented with a “can do” attitude and flexible approach
- Take initiative in handling projects and anticipating needs
- High attention to detail and self-starter
- Unafraid to hustle, hustle, hustle
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Bumble, the women-first social networking platform, was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. With nearly 90 million users, Bumble connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. They've built their platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and their users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 150 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over a billion women-led first moves and over fifteen billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.