Director, Influencer Marketing
Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Marketing & Partnerships
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a Director, Influencer Marketing to lead our growing influencer marketing team!
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the Bumble brand and mission. They should have previous experience leading strategy, measurement, and impact analysis for high volume, high budget influencer campaigns, and managing multiple agency and talent relationships. They will be personable, efficient and a high performer in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing company environment.
The Director, Influencer Marketing should be directly connected to the cultural zeitgeist and have a passion for all things talent, influencers, celebrities, pop culture, strategy, and social impact. They are three steps ahead of what’s trending, with a creative eye on how to shape compelling, impactful, data-driven content, and have a zeal for knowing what will resonate socially and how to respond to trending cultural and mission-driven moments in real time.
This position reports to the Vice President, Communities and New Platforms, and will be empowered to run large scale campaigns on an autonomous basis.
- Scale Bumble's influencer marketing strategy and team to translate our brand messaging and mission to new audiences, with the goal of both increasing brand awareness and user acquisition
- You must have previous experience measuring and quantifying the impact of influencer investment
- Lead the growing influencer marketing team, responsible for both high-touch, strategic celebrity and talent relationships, as well as “always on” influencer volume
- Optimize the extended influencer team for impact - collaborating with external agencies and global influencer managers and stakeholders
- Budgeting and forecasting a substantial annual budget, while constantly pushing for cost efficiency
- Strong negotiation skills - run point on high profile celebrity and talent deals, while mentoring and growing a talented, ambitious team with a high volume deal pipeline
- Demonstrated cross-functional leadership and collaboration: You will work closely with the creative, user acquisition, organic social, global brand, and executive leadership teams
- Oversee the regular reporting of influencer activities and results to executive leadership and cross-functional teams, always ready to optimize for feedback and learnings in real-time
Required experience, knowledge, and skills:
- 10+ years experience in social media, influencer, marketing, and/or strategy roles
- The rare “unicorn” blend of: 1) Hyper analytical, strategic, and able to measure the impact of influencer marketing activities to inform strategy and 2) Creative and charismatic firepower - love brainstorming, collaborating with different personalities, and constantly sharing new ideas and pushing innovation for influencer marketing
- In-depth knowledge of influencer and social media trends, social and meme culture, and how a clearly defined brand can cut through
- Solid understanding of the nuances of influencer deals among major established and emerging social media platforms (with a particular emphasis on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube)
- Promoting continual creative improvement and actively contributing to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Passion for the Bumble brand, mission, and culture
- An inspiring leader able to nurture, motivate, and advocate for a passionate, ambitious, growing influencer team
- Take initiative in handling projects with minimal direction and proactively anticipating needs
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- Outstanding time-management and prioritization skills, with the ability to excel at multiple priorities under short deadlines
- Unafraid to hustle, hustle, hustle and network, network, network
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Bumble, the women-first social networking platform, was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. With nearly 90 million users, Bumble connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. They've built their platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and their users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 150 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over a billion women-led first moves and over fifteen billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.