Senior Product Designer
London, UK /
Bumble – Design /
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We're looking for an experienced problem-solver to join our team in London, and change the way millions of people connect online across dating, friendship and professional networking. We're driven by our mission: building relationships in a safe, equal and healthy way.
Bumble is all about building a product that helps our users find meaningful connections, and we want to achieve it in a coherent, transparent and joyful way. And no matter the type of relationship, on Bumble women always make the first move.
You'll be working on a product that is a part of the daily lives of over 70 million people already, and you'll solve complex problems that have a direct and positive impact on our users' lives.
- You have demonstrable experience in shipping world-class digital products in cross-functional teams
- You can facilitate a human-focused design approach within the team
- You have a well-trained eye for great visual design execution, but that’s not what drives you
- Your focus is on delivering great experiences and solving problems
- You're a strategic thinker, and an expert in translating user behaviour into great user experience and design
- You have a strong portfolio of case studies showing your skills
- You love to collaborate, and are at your best when you're working with research, design, product and engineering
- You’re proactive, organised, curious, humble and empathetic, and you can multi-task across multiple workstreams
- You’re passionate about inclusive, accessible and ethical design
- You can actively support more junior members of the team with practical advice and guidance
- You're passionate about evangelising design within the business and externally (e.g. events, conferences, articles)
You'll be responsible for:
- Creating solutions in a cross-functional team including a PM, analyst, copywriter, researcher and engineers
- Contributing to a product roadmap together with product and design leads
- Providing multiple design solutions efficiently in the discovery phase, and then craft exceptional, detailed UI experiences in the delivery phaseInitiating research requests to help support your design projects
- Participating in a weekly retrospective alongside the wider design team
- Regularly presenting your work and give others feedback during design critique sessions
- Constantly challenging yourself and the team on how we work, helping to adopt new practices and tools
- Contributing to the design culture at MagicLab, and also help to promote the team externally through conferences, show and tells, Medium, etc.
- Autonomy and collaboration. Being a small team, we encourage everyone to act like a leader in their area.
- Hard work. We focus on results, which means we keep the bar high and are always pushing ourselves towards more ambitious projects.
- Growth. We all aim for personal and professional growth — from learning a new tool to taking on more responsibility, we help and support each other as we stretch ourselves beyond our comfort zones.
- Openness. No matter how many projects we deliver, each of us still has plenty to learn and it’s crucial we stay humble.
Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with a combined user base of over 600 million globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
* Flexible working hours
* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
* ‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
* ‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble: Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with millions of users globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.