Product Designer - Mobile
Badoo – Product
Badoo is looking for an experienced mobile designer to help take our portfolio of products to the next level, with engaging, innovative, seamless visual designs and user interfaces. You will be able to show us outstanding examples of your previous mobile designs, and be confident explaining how your designs have met desired product outcomes.
- Take ownership of one of our mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile Web) for our global products
- Deliver high quality, inspired solutions to specific briefs, as well as ‘visual brainstorming’ - providing quick designs and various solutions to broader briefs
- Be comfortable working across small tasks (such as increasing CTR on a particular screen) as well as working on the product’s key features
- Design all aspects of new innovative features to engage users, from the user interface to communications, to the back-end tools required to support the feature
- Improve existing features and functionality, back-end tools, emails and more
- Keep up to date with the latest guidelines and trends for mobile design
- Work in 1 week sprints in a SCRUM/Kanban hybrid, to tight deadlines as an integral part of the development process
- Work collaboratively with the design team - share your ideas and feedback on other designers work, as well as presenting your pixel perfect designs with confidence to founders and developers
- Continuously think about how to improve the user experience across our products
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience in designing mobile user interfaces for native mobile apps is essential
- Experience of having worked through multiple product build and release cycles (requirements > design > development > release > analysis)
- Experience of creating elegant solutions to complex user experience problems
- Strong visual design skills evidenced by examples of where you’ve created pixel-perfect consumer products
- Expert level in Sketch/Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in creating interactive prototypes (Ideally Principle or Pixate; Proto.io, Invision also desirable)
- Experience creating navigation and page layout/templates, functional design, iconography, look and feel and style guides
- Strong typographic layout skills
- Self-motivated with an ability to hit deadlines and work independently
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability
- An eye for detail
- Please submit a portfolio (or link to an online repository) illustrating the above with your application
There’s nothing ordinary about working at Badoo. We’re just as social as our product and don’t hide behind our computers. Innovation is key to what we do and since we’re a rapidly growing start-up, things move fast. We’re a diverse, international bunch and are based in amazing offices in Soho, with perks to match.
Badoo is the largest dating network in the world. With 380 million users across 190 countries and 450 employees worldwide, Badoo provides the best technology for people to meet, because happiness is better shared.
Each day more than 400,000 people sign up for a Badoo experience; users send over 350 million messages and 10 million photos are added to the Badoo platform. Users spend an average of 1.8 hours daily on the Badoo experience, for a total of over 12 billion swipes per day.
Badoo also operates a number of white label licences for various international brands. For more information, please visit badoo.com.