User Research Coordinator
MagicLab – Design
MagicLab are on the hunt for a User Research Coordinator in London, to help us deliver meaningful and inspiring experiences for our customers. Focussing on the Bumble and Badoo brands, you will help provide logistical support for research studies. You’ll do this while learning and developing your own craft as a user researcher. Put simply you’ll be an integral part of our team and we wouldn’t be able to do the work we do without you! You’ll be working on a Global brand that is changing the lives of millions of people around the world already and you’ll be helping us to grow and make an even more meaningful impact in the years to come. You will also be an integral part of the growth of our expanding research practice, helping us to scale into a world class team.
You will have some practical exposure and knowledge of user research and a hunger and drive to know more. You’ll be proactive, comfortable with multi tasking, and unflappable in in a fast paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a partner and ally to the research team, helping to operationalise and scale our research efforts at speed
- Create and manage effective processes, procedures and policies for recruiting participants for research session
- Be responsible for the participant recruitment process - from writing and programming screeners, scheduling and vetting, to the payment of incentives
- Coordinate the logistics of research studies. This will include the set up of labs, the booking of external moderators and translators, scheduling research sessions and communicating with research participants
- Helping to prepare stimulus and prototypes for testing
- Observe and note take during research sessions, gathering quotes which help bring the customer voice directly into debriefs
- Help set up, support and maintain knowledge management systems of our research findings, to ensure they are easily accessible across the company
- Create video reels and collate rich photography from sessions, which bring our work to life and inspire our partners across product management, design and engineering
- Shadow and support researchers on projects of increasing complexity
- In return, we’ll offer you the mentorship and on the job support you need to develop your craft and be able to run your own user research projects in time
Personal attributes and other requirements:
- While we appreciate you are in the early stages of your career, we do ask that you have some practical exposure to user research, through study or work experience
- Engaging, inspiring and clear communicator
- A proactive attitude - you’ll actively seek out opportunities to help and support and always look for ways to make things better
- A real doer - you’re humble and willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in to do what needs to be done
- You are committed to your learning and development, and seek out constant opportunities to expand your knowledge
We are proud to be the largest dating network in the world, with over 500 million users across 190 countries. Online dating has more than doubled in the last decade, and it is estimated that the global online dating market could be worth $12 billion next year. We continually innovate so that we can provide the best technology and user experience for people to meet because we believe that happiness is better shared.