New York, NY or Remote /
At Hiro, we’re making it easier for developers to build the next generation of smart contracts and decentralized apps. We build developer tools for Stacks, an open-source network which makes Bitcoin programmable. With Hiro, developers can test and deploy smart contracts, spin up nodes and other server-side resources for scaling, and get access to monitoring and analytics. Our solutions provide developers with the convenience and reliability they need to be successful.
We’re very proud to say that Hiro won 3 Built In’s Best Places to Work awards! We received Best Places to Work NYC, Best Places to Work Small Companies, and Best Paying Companies NYC!
Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and others.
About the Opportunity
We’re hiring a content writer with technical chops who can guide and educate developers about building on Bitcoin with Hiro’s product offerings. In particular, this person will help us build out a strong library of content to help developers build, test, and deploy with more confidence.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with with other marketing and product team members to increase product adoption through great content
- Produce engaging technical content, including blog posts, code samples, developer stories, and videos that capture how to use Hiro technologies and help developers get started
- Support product documentation and product roadmap by providing actionable feedback from the developer community to product and engineering teams
- Give strategic recommendations to executives about developer needs
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years experience in a technical content role such as developer advocate or technical writer
- Passion for helping developers achieve their goals
- A balance of technical acumen and content production skills
- The ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences with ease
- Demonstrable collaborative skills
- *Bonus*: Experience with crypto developer communities
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience with every bullet. There’s no perfect candidate and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
What we’ll offer:
- Company equity and Stacks (STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Stacks network
- $500/mo co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- $1000/yr of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
- Daily Lunch Reimbursement(even if you’re remote!)
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Family-Friendly Health Benefits
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and dependent care(FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
$90,000 - $125,000 a year
Hiro is the leading developer tools company for Stacks, the open-source network which makes Bitcoin programmable. Our mission is to accelerate mainstream adoption of blockchain technology and build a better, user-owned internet for all. Hiro was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors distributed across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. Visit our website to learn more.
Hiro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.