Full Stack Engineer
New York, NY or Remote /
Hiro builds developer tools for Stacks, the network that enables apps and smart contracts on Bitcoin.
Hiro is a core entity within the Stacks Ecosystem; a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to create a user-owned internet on Bitcoin. Hiro empowers developers with the tools they need to innovate and build on Bitcoin, the most secure and proven blockchain in the world. We contribute to Stacks’ core infrastructure and open-source libraries and build products like the Stacks Wallet and Stacks Explorer.
We're looking for experienced full-stack engineers to help build developer tools, libraries and SDKs. This is a role for engineers who can collaborate with a team and work independently to architect and deliver feature upgrades and improvements on the platform. In this role you will build critical features for our developer community. You must be comfortable working in diverse development ecosystems and a have worked independently in a rapidly scaling startup. OSS experience is preferred as we are an open source project.
What you'll do:
- Implement Hiro feature upgrades, improvements, and architectural builds
- Collaborate with a team to ship major product builds
- Deliver on rapid implementation schedules to build web functionality that is fast, scalable, and upholds smart development goals and principles
What we're looking for:
- Demonstrable full stack experience (4+ years of professional experience)
- Proficient in at least one frontend framework like React, Angular, Vue etc
- Proficient in at least one backend environment like NodeJS or frameworks like Express or Ruby on Rails
- Good understanding and comfort with SQL(MySQL, Postgres etc) and No-SQL storage(Mongo, Redis etc) system
- Opinionated stance on an entire full-stack using on which you can build with confidence, high-quality and high-velocity
- Experience with building tests (unit, integration, end-to-end), Open source experience, cloud platforms like GCP, AWS etc.
- Experience with blockchains and dapp platforms
- Experience on remote teams
- Experience building 2+ web apps from scratch (and launching)
- Experience “leading the charge” on starting a new project and building it out SPAs.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet. There’s no perfect candidate and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
What we offer:
- Competitive NYC based Salary(regardless of location, benchmarked annually)
- Company equity and Stacks(STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Blockstack network
- $500/mo co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- $1000/yr of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
- Daily Lunch Reimbursement(even if you’re remote!)
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Family-Friendly Health Benefits
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and dependent care(FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Hiro was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors distributed across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here.
Hiro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.