Chief Operating Officer
Here at Hiro we’re focused on building a platform for developers to seamlessly build decentralized applications on top of Bitcoin. As a core entity of the Stacks(STX) blockchain ecosystem, we partner with independent entities, developers and community members in a shared mission to create a user-owned internet.
We’re looking for our first COO to join our executive team, reporting directly to our CEO. This key individual will play a critical role in scaling Hiro’s operational functions and leading many of Hiro’s internal business areas. Our ideal candidate identifies opportunities for organizational improvement and is excited by the challenge to create systems which will drive Hiro’s growth. You’ll work with our exec team to establish our long-term strategy and operationalize it, delivering results on a day-to-day, quarter-to-quarter basis. You have the insight to identify both the big-picture and tactical improvements that have the greatest impact on our ability to execute against our company mission. Most importantly, you’ll embody Hiro’s values and continuously work to instill our values into Hiro’s operations.
What you'll do
- Partner with our execs to refine our company strategy and develop an operational plan to drive performance and ensure we’re successful in executing against it
- Oversee Hiro’s day-to-day operations and execute against the company mission
- Build scalable communication & operational systems as we double in headcount from 30 to 60+ in 2021
- Partner with our leadership team to clearly anticipate business needs and translate that into a plan for structuring and building out new business units
- Identify organizational process improvements and workflow blockers to ensure teams are equipped to execute against their goals
What we're looking for
- 12+ years of experience scaling and leading operations for high-growth organizations
- A strategic leader who has led a startup through a rapid growth phase and knows how to inspire a growing mission-oriented team
- Ability to live our values and develop yourself as a trusted, inspiring, and approachable leader
- Experience seeing a team through a doubling or tripling of headcount and foresight into structural, cultural and communication pitfalls that your experience will allow us to anticipate
- Experience hiring and mentoring talent to build a highly-engaged, performant team
We'd also like to see
- A passion for and understanding of current crypto trends and the blockchain landscape
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet. There’s no perfect candidate and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
What we offer
- Competitive NYC based salary(regardless of location, benchmarked annually)
- Company equity and Stacks(STX) token grants -- STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Blockstack network
- $500/mo co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- $1000/yr of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
- Daily Lunch Reimbursement(even if you’re remote!)
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Family-Friendly Health Benefits
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and dependent care(FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Hiro was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors distributed across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here.
Hiro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.