Senior Frontend Engineer, User Experience
New York, NY or Remote /
At Hiro, we’re making it easier for developers to build the next generation of smart contracts and decentralized apps. We build developer tools for Stacks, an open-source network which makes Bitcoin programmable. With Hiro, developers can test and deploy smart contracts, spin up nodes and other server-side resources for scaling, and get access to monitoring and analytics. Our solutions provide developers with the convenience and reliability they need to be successful.
We’re very proud to say that Hiro won 3 Built In’s Best places to work awards! We received Best Places to Work NYC, Best Places to Work Small Companies, and Best Paying Companies NYC!
Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and others.
About the Opportunity
We’re currently hiring a Front End Engineer to be part of the User Experience team. This is a core engineering team engaging in customer-facing work. You'd be giving our users (developers, investors, community members) the tools to secure, protect, and explore Stacks. You’d be working on critical open source projects, impacting Hiro and the entire Stacks ecosystem.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience building frontend applications
- Operational excellence: you’ve worked with a mature codebase in a mid to large company
- Expert level of understanding of frontend application structure and architecture
- Experience in a frontend framework like React, Angular, or Vue
- Deep understanding of state management, as well as designing and using APIs
- Experience with frontend testing techniques
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Experience on remote teams
- Experience“leading the charge” on starting a new project and building it out SPAs
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Bonus, but not required: Experience in the crypto/blockchain space or a deep curiosity of the landscape
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet. There’s no perfect candidate and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
What We'll Offer
- Competitive NYC based Salary(regardless of location, benchmarked annually)
- Company equity and Stacks (STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Stacks network
- $500/mo co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- $1000/yr of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
- Daily Lunch Reimbursement(even if you’re remote!)
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Family-Friendly Health Benefits
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and dependent care(FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefits information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Hiro is the leading developer tools company for Stacks, the open-source network which makes Bitcoin programmable. Our mission is to accelerate mainstream adoption of blockchain technology and build a better, user-owned internet for all. Hiro was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors distributed across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. Visit our website to learn more.
Hiro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.