Front End Engineer
Hiro builds developer tools for Stacks, the network that enables apps and smart contracts on Bitcoin.
Hiro is a core entity within the Stacks Ecosystem; a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to create a user-owned internet on Bitcoin. Hiro empowers developers with the tools they need to innovate and build on Bitcoin, the most secure and proven blockchain in the world. We contribute to Stacks’ core infrastructure and open-source libraries and build products like the Stacks Wallet and Stacks Explorer.
We’re currently hiring a Front End Engineer to be part of the User Experience team. This is a core engineering team engaging in customer-facing work. You'd be giving our users (developers, investors, community members) the tools to secure, protect, and explore Stacks. You’d be working on critical open source projects, impacting Hiro and the entire Stacks ecosystem.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of experience building front end applications
- Understanding of frontend application structure and architecture
- Experience in afrontend framework like React, Angular, or Vue
- Deep understanding of state management
- Knowledge of web technologies
- Understand and comfort with designing and using an API
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Great customer empathy and make user experience is a top priority
- Interests in crypto/blockchain
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet. There’s no perfect candidate and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
What we offer:
- Competitive NYC based Salary(regardless of location, benchmarked annually)
- Company equity and Stacks(STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Blockstack network
- $500/mo co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- $1000/yr of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
- Daily Lunch Reimbursement(even if you’re remote!)
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Family-Friendly Health Benefits
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and dependent care(FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Hiro was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors distributed across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here.
Hiro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.