Senior Frontend Engineer
Salary: $147,000-$172,500/year base salary
Hiro builds developer tools for Stacks, the network that enables apps and smart contracts for Bitcoin.
Hiro is a core entity within the Stacks Ecosystem; a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to create a user-owned internet on Bitcoin. Hiro empowers developers with the tools they need to innovate and build on Bitcoin, the most secure and proven blockchain in the world. We contribute to Stacks’ core infrastructure and open-source libraries and build products like the Stacks Wallet and Stacks Explorer.
We’re currently hiring a Front End Engineer to be part of the User Experience team. This is a core engineering team engaging in customer-facing work. You'd be giving our users (developers, investors, community members) the tools to secure, protect, and explore Stacks. You’d be working on critical open source projects, impacting Hiro and the entire Stacks ecosystem.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience building front end applications
- Focus on security: you’ve deployed and developed applications with a security mindset
- Operational excellence: you’ve worked with a mature codebase in a mid to large company
- Expert level of understanding of frontend application structure and architecture
- Experience in a frontend framework like React, Angular, or Vue
- Deep understanding of state management, as well as designing and using APIs
- Experience with frontend testing techniques
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Experience on remote teams
- Experience“leading the charge” on starting a new project and building it out SPAs
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
We'd also like to see
- Experience in the crypto/blockchain space or a deep curiosity of the landscape
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet.
What we'll offer
- Competitive NYC based Salary(regardless of location, benchmarked annually)
- Company equity and Stacks (STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Stacks network
- $500/mo co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- $1000/yr of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
- Daily Lunch Reimbursement(even if you’re remote!)
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Family-Friendly Health Benefits
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and dependent care(FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Hiro was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors distributed across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here.
Hiro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.