New York, NY or Remote /
Design & Product /
Hiro builds developer tools for Stacks, the network that enables apps and smart contracts on Bitcoin.
Hiro is a core entity within the Stacks Ecosystem; a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to create a user-owned internet on Bitcoin. Hiro empowers developers with the tools they need to innovate and build on Bitcoin, the most secure and proven blockchain in the world. We contribute to Stacks’ core infrastructure and open-source libraries and build products like the Stacks Wallet and Stacks Explorer.
As a Documentation Lead at Hiro, you will be accountable for creating quality content to empower and accelerate developers building on the Stacks 2.0 blockchain. You will develop a deep understanding of the Stacks platform and write documentation that helps developers design, build and deploy decentralized applications and smart contracts.
What you'll do:
- Write, review, edit, organize new and existing content for developer tools
- Distill complex, technical topics and turn into easy to understand documentation
- Establish an efficient process for maintaining and updating documentation on an on-going basis
- Trial new tools that are still in development to fully understand developers’ goals and pain points
- Actively engage and involve community members to multiply documentation improvements
- Support technical partners and enable high impact integrations with relevant documentation
- Analyze, gather feedback, and research effectiveness and impact of documentation to identify opportunities for improvements in content, tooling, and the docs system
- Work cross functionally with product, design, and growth teams to support product goals, improve UX, and increase adoption.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with technical writing and editing, particularly with developer documentation
- Experience enforcing documentation standards, guidelines and driving best-practices
- Understanding of Markdown/MDX, Typescript, React/Next.Js
- Experience with development tools and practices(Git, GitHub and/or similar docs-as-code environment)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
We'd also like to see:
- Experience creating a learning strategy and crafting tutorials to support platform goals
- Familiarity with NodeJS, blockchain, and/or Smart Contracts(Clarity)
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet. There’s no perfect candidate and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
What we offer:
- Competitive NYC Salary(regardless of location, benchmarked annually)
- Company equity and Stacks(STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Blockstack network
- 401k with 3% match
- $500/mo co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- $1000/yr of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
- Daily Lunch Reimbursement(even if you’re remote!)
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Family-Friendly Health Benefits
- Covered Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and dependent care(FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Hiro was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors distributed across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here.
Hiro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.