Community Support Manager
Design & Product /
Hiro builds developer tools for Stacks, the network that enables apps and smart contracts on Bitcoin.
Hiro is a core entity within the Stacks Ecosystem; a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to create a user-owned internet on Bitcoin. Hiro empowers developers with the tools they need to innovate and build on Bitcoin, the most secure and proven blockchain in the world. We contribute to Stacks’ core infrastructure and open-source libraries and build products like the Stacks Wallet and Stacks Explorer.
As our Community Support Manager, you’ll directly support developers building on Stacks using Hiro’s developer tools and be our trusted point-of-contact supporting end-users of our Wallets, Explorer, and potential future applications. You’ll work directly with ourProduct Managers and Engineers to resolve our community’s high priority issues. You’re able to work flexibly to meet the evolving needs of our rapidly growing organization and someone looking to leverage a career’s worth of best practices to scale our support function from 0 to 1.
What You'll Do
- Partner with senior product and engineering leadership to develop a structured support system
- Work cross-functionally with our Engineering & Product teams to streamline solutions & fixes to developer anduser issues
- Ensure feedback from users is communicated to product and engineering teams
- Develop a support methodology(processes, templates, SLAs) with an eye for scalability
- Prioritize and field requests from multiple channels: Reddit, Telegram, Twitter, Discord & Email
- Leverage the collective knowledge of the Hiro team to improve our customer support function
- Work to develop an informational system(FAQ, Wiki) to empower our community to address their own support requests over time
- Resolve urgent technical issues for our integration partners, users and developers
- Own the always-on global 24x7 support function to ensure efficient resolution of community issues
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of technical or community support experience
- High-level of technical acumen and understanding of the the crypto/blockchain space
- Experience leading an always-on technical support function for a global community of users
- Proven ability to engage with an open-source community and triage urgent requests
- Experience prioritizing & responding to urgent support requests across a variety of channels
- Excellent written communication skills with a knack for distilling complex topics into easy to understand solutions
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet. There’s no perfect candidate and we want to find the right fit, even if it’s different than we imagine. We especially would like to meet underrepresented/underestimated candidates.
What we offer:
- Competitive NYC Salary (regardless of location, benchmarked annually)
- Company equity and Stacks(STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Blockstack network
- $500/mo co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- $1000/yr of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
- Daily Lunch Reimbursement (even if you’re remote!)
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Family-Friendly Health Benefits
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and dependent care (FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Hiro was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors distributed across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here.
Blockstack PBC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Blockstack PBC is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.