Hiro builds developer tools for Stacks, the network that enables apps and smart contracts on Bitcoin.
Hiro is a core entity within the Stacks Ecosystem; a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to create a user-owned internet on Bitcoin. Hiro empowers developers with the tools they need to innovate and build on Bitcoin, the most secure and proven blockchain in the world. We contribute to Stacks’ core infrastructure and open-source libraries and build products like the Stacks Wallet and Stacks Explorer.
We’re looking for our first content marketer to join our remote-first team here at Hiro. This role will be critical in developing Hiro’s brand awareness & developer audience. The ideal candidate has a track record of success generating thought-leading content for technical audiences. As our first content marketer, you will be the voice of Hiro and responsible for determining what content has the highest impact on driving awareness of our platform. You’ll be responsible for content generation and author blog posts, research reports, technical documentation, and any other writing related to Hiro technologies.
What you'll do
- Create thought-leading content to grow Hiro’s developer audience
- Drive awareness and adoption of our platform by creating impactfulcontent
- Craft effective content to drive engagement of our target audiences
- Own the Hiro blog and manage our editorial calendar
- Manage relationships with third parties to subsidize our efforts with timely sponsored content
- Work cross-functionally with team members to create product updates, event recaps, interview spotlights, and other public content
- Partner directly with our CEO & leadership on long-term writing projects, white papers, product announcements, and ecosystem updates
- Develop an in-depth understanding of crypto landscape and industry trends to shape our content strategy
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of technical content writing experience, ideally for developer audiences
- Devrel experience or track record of engaging highly technical audiences
- Experience marketing novel, and/or open source, technologies directly to developers.
- Ability to take highly technical concepts and make them approachable
- Experience creating content to engage audiences across a variety of channels
- A bias for action & ability to work quickly to meet publishing deadlines
- Expertise in using data and experimentation to uncover the best growth tactics and optimize them against KPIs.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
We'd also love to see
- Experience in the crypto/blockchain space or a deep curiosity of the landscape
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet.
- Competitive NYC based Salary(regardless of location, benchmarked annually)
- Company equity and Stacks(STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Blockstack network
- $500/mo co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- $1000/yr of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
- Daily Lunch Reimbursement(even if you’re remote!)
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Family-Friendly Health Benefits
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and dependent care(FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for U.S. based employees
Hiro was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors distributed across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here.
Hiro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.