Talent Acquisition Partner
Hiro builds developer tools for Stacks, the network that enables apps and smart contracts for Bitcoin.
Hiro is a core entity within the Stacks Ecosystem; a collection of independent entities, developers, and community members working to create a user-owned internet on Bitcoin. Hiro empowers developers with the tools they need to innovate and build on Bitcoin, the most secure and proven blockchain in the world. We contribute to Stacks’ core infrastructure and open-source libraries and build products like the Stacks Wallet and Stacks Explorer.
Hiro is growing rapidly and so is our talent acquisition team! We’re looking for someone passionate about building inclusive, remote-first teams with experience hiring for complex, high impact, and first-in-kind roles. You’ll be tasked with developing creative search strategies and hiring processes that put candidate experience first. You’ll collaborate directly with your hiring managers as a trusted talent partner to help define our hiring needs and set realistic targets. As a lean & mighty talent team we’re looking for someone excited about building scalable processes who is constantly on the lookout for ways we can improve our hiring processes.
What you’ll do
- Manage hiring pipelines - leverage multiple channels to ensure a diverse pipeline of candidates for multiple, unique roles and manage those pipelines through high-touch engagement
- Source top talent - we understand that the best talent is rarely looking, you’ll develop creative search strategies to identify and engage top talent both domestically and internationally
- Be a trusted partner - work with hiring managers to define hiring needs, prioritize roles, develop search strategies and create effective interview & screening processes
- Process improvement - you understand the need to continuously iterate & improve our processes and are constantly on the lookout for inefficiencies that can be made better
- Negotiation & closing - you’ll drive the offer & closing process, ensuring alignment of candidate expectations from the initial engagement
- Employment branding -act as a Hiro ambassador through all aspects of your role and assist in developing our employment brand to attract top talent
What we're looking for
- 5+ yrs of full-cycle recruitment experience including with complex, technical roles
- Passion for building inclusive teams and ensuring an outstanding candidate experience
- Experience hiring for remote-first teams, both domestic and internationally
- Experience building hiring & screening processes from scratch for new & unique roles
- Track record closing senior candidates & educating them on the value of compensation packages that include RSUs, RTUs, or traditional equity
- A data driven approach to hiring & experience using data to back up assumptions to iterate & improve our hiring process
- Proven ability to use creative methods for attracting and engaging senior passive talent to build diverse pipelines
We’d also love to see
- Experience in the crypto/blockchain space or a deep curiosity of the landscape
- Background working in a high-growth startup environment
- Experience with our tools: Lever, Human Predictions, & Linkedin recruiter
We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t have experience or interest in every bullet.
What we'll offer
- Competitive NYC based Salary(regardless of location, benchmarked annually)
- Company equity and Stacks (STX) tokens--STX is the native cryptocurrency of the Stacks network
- $500/mo co-working space reimbursement
- $1,200/yr budget for learning and development stipend
- $1000/yr of charity donation matching to an organization of your choosing
- Daily Lunch Reimbursement(even if you’re remote!)
- Open Vacation Policy, take the days you need
- Family-Friendly Health Benefits
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and dependent care(FSA)
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401k with 3% match
- Your choice of technical setup and equipment
Please note that benefits vary by country, the ones shown above are for our full time U.S. based employees. Benefit information for non-US based positions will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.
Hiro was founded in 2013 under the name Blockstack PBC and is headquartered in New York City with employees and contractors distributed across the globe. Hiro is funded and backed by more than $75 million from Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, Lux Capital, Winklevoss Capital, Naval Ravikant, and many more. More info here.
Hiro is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and deeply cares about building a diverse team. Hiro is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law.