Providence, RI /
We make good things happen by recognizing and rewarding people for taking the high road. How? By reinventing insurance to celebrate people’s mindful choices.
Insurance was fundamentally a brilliant idea, but it always had a key challenge—it couldn’t identify and acknowledge the positive decisions that individuals made along the way. But when we apply smart mobile technologies, we can. And that’s what we do. We help our customers save on their monthly bill. But more importantly, they join a growing movement of people who dare to live more mindfully because doing so is simply better for everyone.
We’re a well-funded, elite team of people who care about using our skills to do good. From customer care to data science, design, engineering, insurance, product, research, user experience and beyond—we believe in people who believe they can make the world even better. Join us, and let’s build the higher path that is HiRoad.
We are seeking a Claims Specialist; a personable, self motivated, team member to help build a service experience that feels more like a high-end loyalty program. You will be a key early addition to our team working to quickly grow the company. Ultimately, you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional and personalized experience for our customers not typically found in our industry. This position is perfect for someone who wants to do something more exciting in insurance, be part of a new way to deliver it, and join an exciting company entering a new market.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverage appropriate job aids, expertise, and tools to accurately and consistently handle complex property and injury claims.
- Works with minimal supervision to recognize, investigate, and resolve complex coverage, liability, injury, and damage issues.
- Handle claims with injury diagnoses which may be inconsistent with the vehicle damage or loss characteristics.
- Work with attorneys in the defense of first party and/or third party lawsuits with required management involvement which may include attending trials, arbitrations, mediations, and/or depositions.
- Handle multiple exposures that create a potential for insufficient limits.
- May serve as a resource for complex/non-routine claim issues.
- Help develop and continuously improve standard claim.
- May coordinate and lead special projects, as assigned.
- May perform duties and responsibilities of the supervisor during his/her absence as delegated.
- Communicate with customers to resolve claims.
- Identify issues that may require the use of independent experts or vendors.
- Assist in the training of less experienced claim handlers.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma required, Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- 4+ years auto claims experience required
- Experience handling complex liability, bodily injury, and total loss claims
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external customers
- Self-managed, highly motivated, flexible and confident
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
- Able to work well under deadlines in a high-paced, changing environment
- Great organizational skills - has the ability to manage large volume of work and prioritize items accordingly
- Works well under stressful conditions
- Ability to acquire adjusters license within 45 days of hire
- Current adjusters license preferred
- Bonus points - previous rental or fire claims experience
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision and retirement; wellness stipend, four weeks of vacation + six weeks of parental leave; Providence office location off Federal Hill with lots of exposed brick and sunlight.
- Great work/life balance with a comprehensive benefits program designed to help you and your family thrive.
- Includes paid parking
- Role based in our cool new Rhode Island office, set up to encourage innovation and collaboration.
- Fun, high-energy, results-oriented work environment in a mission-driven organization.
HiRoad is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.