Hive – Android
Hive is a full stack deep learning platform helping to bring companies into the AI era.
Two Stanford graduate students determined to build practical applications using novel deep learning technologies founded Hive (https://thehive.ai/). From the beginning, we knew that high-quality datasets were critical to creating deep learning models. However, we also knew that the quantity of labeled data also has a huge impact on model performance. With this in mind, we first started by building a data- labelling platform specifically designed to solve machine-learning problems. This platform, Hive Data, is now the world’s largest distributed human workforce for data labelling and produces millions of high-quality annotations every day. Hive Data allows us to label uncommonly large datasets at a fraction of the cost that other data labelling solutions would charge. Once Hive Data was built, we were able to quickly label enormous datasets and rapidly build a suite of machine learning models that now form our core offerings in Hive Predict.
Our Hive Predict team has since built a wide range of custom machine learning models spanning a range of verticals including media, retail, security, and autonomous driving. Drawing on this experience and expertise, we then set out to build a stand-alone analytics platform for TV advertising called Hive Media. Hive Media synthesises our company's fundamental technologies and leverages industry partnerships to deliver a truly revolutionary product. Hive offers the only true, full- stack deep learning platform in the world, assisting clients with data labelling, model building, and the development of full enterprise solutions.
Today, we work with some of the largest companies in the world to redefine how they think about unstructured visual data and together we build solutions that completely transform verticals. We are fortunate to be funded by leading investors like Peter Thiel (Founders Fund), General Catalyst, Formation 8, and others. We have ~100 people globally, based in our San Francisco and Gurugram offices.
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. We are looking for talented Android developers who will thrive in an autonomous engineering-driven environment. You will take ownership of a product and have the ability to shape product direction.
- Design and develop a delightful Android application for our users, with a focus on simplicity of use and high-performance
- Write product-independent code and design modular APIs to be used across all of our products
- Work across disciplines with team members from front-end, backend, design, and product
- Help ensure we’re bug-free by writing unit-tests, and regularly communicating with our QA team
- Actively participate in product decisions, ensuring we set reasonable development deadlines
- You attended a top university, studying computer science or similar
- You understand the ins and outs of RESTful web services
- You have great communication skills and ability to work with others
- Strong development skills with Java and the Android SDK
- You have an understanding of MVP and / or MVVM
- You have experience developing, releasing, and maintaining Android applications on top of RESTful APIs
- You have fundamentals in OO-design, data structures, and problem solving
- You have experience shipping quickly and often, while still maintaining test coverage
- You are a team player-no job is too small or too big!
If you have experience developing location-aware mobile applications, that is a plus!
What Hive offers you:
Hive offers an opportunity to work with exceptional people. We are a group of individuals who are young and hungry to make a mark on the world and build a long-term investment holding company. You will be based in Gurgaon, India Office and we offer all the standard benefits available to top startups.
At Hive, you will have a significant career development opportunity and an opportunity to learn.
Thank you for your interest in joining Hive.