Hive – Android /
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. We are looking for talented Android developers who will thrive in an autonomous engineering-driven environment. You will take ownership of a product and have the ability to shape product direction.
- Design and develop a delightful Android application for our users, with a focus on simplicity of use and high-performance
- Write product-independent code and design modular APIs to be used across all of our products
- Work across disciplines with team members from front-end, backend, design, and product
- Help ensure we’re bug-free by writing unit-tests, and regularly communicating with our QA team
- Actively participate in product decisions, ensuring we set reasonable development deadlines
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices for data maintenance handling as it relates to your role.
- Adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of information assets.
- Report actual or suspected security and/or policy violations/breaches to an appropriate authority.
- You attended a top university, studying computer science or similar
- You understand the ins and outs of RESTful web services
- You have great communication skills and ability to work with others
- Strong development skills with Java and the Android SDK
- You have an understanding of MVP and / or MVVM
- You have experience developing, releasing, and maintaining Android applications on top of RESTful APIs
- You have fundamentals in OO-design, data structures, and problem solving
- You have experience shipping quickly and often, while still maintaining test coverage
- You are a team player-no job is too small or too big!
If you have experience developing location-aware mobile applications, that is a plus!
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!