Director of Sports, Media, and Marketing
San Francisco /
Hive – Business & Operations /
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Director of Sports, Media, and Marketing
You will play a critical role in driving the continued growth of our Sports, Media, and Marketing solution area, which provides a portfolio of AI-powered solutions to publishers, teams and leagues, brands, and agencies. The Director of Sports, Media, and Marketing will have responsibility for product, sales, and strategy across the solution area, and work closely with Hive’s senior leadership team. This is a cross-functional role that will involve day-to-day engagement across multiple internal teams as well as heavy interaction as the face of Hive to many of our most significant clients, partners, and prospects. The Director of Sports, Media, and Marketing is willing to do anything and everything needed to move the business forward.
- Lead overall revenue and customer growth in the Sports, Media, and Marketing solution area
- Oversee sales and business development for the Sports, Media, and Marketing solution area, including day-to-day management of our internal sales team and external go-to-market partners as well as ownership of responses to large proposals
- Work closely with Marketing and Design teams to develop effective product marketing materials and sales collateral (in coordination with Marketing and Design teams)
- Build trusting relationships with priority clients and strategic partners, and lead sales calls and product demonstrations with key prospects in coordination with Sales team
- Serve as the key business partner for relevant Product and Engineering teams, providing guidance to drive product design and development for Hive’s Sports, Media, and Marketing products
- Oversee customer success for Sports, Media, and Marketing clients, including effective scoping and delivery of successful proofs of concepts / evaluations as well as ongoing client engagement with our products
- Work closely with Hive’s senior leadership team to build and maintain alignment on business priorities
- Contribute to external publications, whitepapers, newsletters, and blog posts
- Attend industry functions and conferences to represent Hive and build relationships with prospective partners and clients
- Provide ad hoc leadership on other special projects across Hive as required
- You have a Bachelor's degree from a 4-year university
- Preferred: You have an MBA from a top graduate program
- Preferred: You have at least 5 years of total work experience including at least 3-5 years of experience at a top management consulting firm or fast-growing software-based startup
- You have passion for and, preferably, relevant work experience within sports, television, streaming, advertising, AI and machine learning, enterprise sales, product management, and software-as-a-service businesses
- You are highly analytical, and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have demonstrated success in a competitive environment
- You are highly self-motivated and ambitious in achieving goals
- You are a capable manager and a strong team player, but can work and execute independently
- You have a proven ability to work long workweeks when needed
- You are driven. No one needs to push you to excel; that’s just who you are
- You are hungry to learn and you actively look for opportunities to contribute
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented; you can handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a transformative AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in the world. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!