Senior Corporate Counsel
Hive – Business & Operations /
Hive is the leading provider of cloud-based AI solutions for content understanding, trusted by the world’s largest, fastest growing, and most innovative organizations. The company empowers developers with a portfolio of best-in-class, pre-trained AI models, serving billions of customer API requests every month. Hive also offers turnkey software applications powered by proprietary AI models and datasets, enabling breakthrough use cases across industries. Together, Hive’s solutions are transforming content moderation, brand protection, sponsorship measurement, context-based ad targeting, and more.
Hive has raised over $120M in capital from leading investors, including General Catalyst, 8VC, Glynn Capital, Bain & Company, Visa Ventures, and others. We have over 250 employees globally in our San Francisco, Seattle, and Delhi offices. Please reach out if you are interested in joining the future of AI!
Senior Corporate Counsel Role
At Hive, our Legal Team is dedicated to providing expert legal advice in a fast-paced startup environment. As senior corporate counsel, you will be a crucial member of Hive’s legal team and will report to our General Counsel. You will work with cross-functional teams to enable the development of our commercial legal support processes, as well as provide counsel in a broad range of areas including privacy and product. We’re looking for someone who will find enjoyment in thinking outside of the square to draft, review and negotiate the novel, and often very complex and technical, contractual arrangements that will support and drive Hive’s continued growth within the AI industry. Our ideal candidate is comfortable leading Hive’s teams on deals, interacting with internal and external executives, and making agile decisions that comply with company standards, policy and strategy.
- Draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial, revenue-generating contracts, including master service agreements and data and technology licensing agreements
- Provide legal analyses of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance, particularly in areas of privacy/personal data and intellectual property
- Support continuous improvements of forms, policies and processes to help streamline and simplify deals and product/service terms
- Work cross functionally across the company to analyze legal risks, devise creative solutions and develop strong, trusted advisor relationships
- Assist our General Counsel in additional corporate matters, including financings and compliance.
- JD from an accredited school and current member in good standing with the California bar
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience, ideally gained at a well-regarded law firm followed by in-house experience (experience in the tech industry is a plus, but not required)
- Experience with commercial technology transactions (SaaS, data licensing, partnerships) with Fortune 1000 companies and globally
- Strong drafting skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate and negotiate with both internal and external business and legal teams
- Proven experience handling multiple dynamic priorities without missing a beat
- Experience working with data privacy and security issues
- Flexible mindset combined with technical knowledge and passion for innovation
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!
The current expected base salary for this position ranges from $160,000 - $250,000. Actual compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the total compensation package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work; stock options may be offered in addition to the range provided here.