Ruby Backend Engineer Senior
Paris or Remote (France Only) /
Hivebrite is an all-in-one community management and engagement platform - We power communities, help them thrive, and maximize their impact. That's our mission.
Our SaaS platform serves customers across a variety of industries including higher education, non-profit, and corporate. Founded in 2015, today we count more than 900 customers worldwide - including Boeing, Kraft Heinz, Pokemon, Adidas, WWF, the United Nations, New York Stock Exchange; as well Stanford, MIT, Columbia, and Princeton Universities.
We employ more than 160 people across our offices in Paris, New York, and Sydney, and 30 nationalities are represented in our team!
In 2023, we won BuiltIn's Best Hybrid Place to Work in the US and in 2020, we were awarded five Great Place to Work labels, were recognized as a G2 High Performer, and won the International Prize by EY, SYNTEC Numerique, and TECH IN France.
And we have no intention of slowing down!
🌟 YOUR ROLE WILL BE
- We are looking for someone capable to build and scale the services powering our interactive web application. 🦝
- Some context? Well, we are starting to export some services outside from our good old friend "Monolith". 🏰
- Why? Isolate the services which need to be scaled. (performance and volume issues).
- Also, we go to API First to get closer to our customers and to isolate our frontend/backend. You know the drill! 😘
- As technical lead, you will work closely with Romain (squad product manager) to reach your goals and deliver on time your squad code.
- Your future squad → User Journey Tribe is dedicated to build new features to improve the user journey, craft proof of concepts on new projects that focus on the user experience. They are responsible for the front-office and public-office, and their features: LiveFeed, Search, etc.
🌟 YOUR MISSION WILL BE
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing efficiency code).
- Develop integrations with 3rd party software programs (Webhooks, API, deep integrations).
- Design, develop, test and implement new product features.
- We want from you that you try new things. POC is a cool word :)
- Be a leader on sharing knowledge.
- Animate and debate during architecture reviews, find a common ground and deliver the solution.
- Our stack 👉 https://stackshare.io/hivebrite/hivebrite
🌟 YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF
- 6+ years of programming experience in Ruby. 🚂
- Experience working on backend systems at a large-scale internet service.
- Track record of designing and implementing complex and scalable software services.
- Experience architecting, deploying and operating asynchronous work queues, high-volume storage systems, and high-throughput systems.
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism.
- Docker has no secret for you.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment.
- You have a great oral and written communication in English. 🇺🇸
🌟 NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- A rock-solid foundation in Computer Science (data structures, algorithms, software design).
- Experience in document oriented databases like Elasticsearch.
- Deep knowledge in microservices architectures.
- Experience with another language like Golang.
- Comfortable with DevOps aspects.
- Open-source contributions.
🌟 HIVEBRITE'S BENEFITS
- A competitive salary package. 🤝
- Computer allowance and a work-from-home starter kit (desk, chair, etc…). 🖥️
- 50% of your healthcare subscription. 👩🏻⚕️
- "Tickets Resto" with Swile - 8€ per day (50% covered). 🍔
- Two weeks of RTT. 🏝
- Budget to improve your craft. 📚
- Nomad days policy (Work from anywhere you'd like, up to 12 weeks per year, at once or throughout the year). ✈️
- Access to WeWork around the world. 🏢
🌟 OFFICE & TEAM LIFE
- International team. 🌎
- Full remote policy. 👾
- WeWork's office in the center of Paris with a rooftop just for us! 🏰
- Pool 🎱 and free beers 🍻 in our office between 6.PM and 8.PM.
- Squads days (two days per month we meet at the office). 💡
- Team building events. 🎉
- Check out this page, to know us more. 🏄♂️
🌟 RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- Meet our Engineering Recruiter, for a first video-call to better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions (45 mins).
- Meet one of your future Backed senior teammate for speaking about your previous experience and check the cultural fit (60 mins).
- Meet one of the Backend lead, 30–45 mins for a technical assessment (live exercise) and 15–30 mins to chat.
- Meet with our VP of Engineering.
Hivebrite's Core Values:
1. We believe in the power of Community 🏡 - We strongly believe that communities can spark - and accelerate - positive change. We are passionate about empowering our customers to create impactful and thriving communities
2. We are a positive force 😃 - We believe that a positive mindset leads to better relationships, resilience, and happiness. We bring enthusiasm to everything we do, inspire each other, and thrive on tackling challenges together.
3. We embody diversity and belonging 👨👩👦👦 - Diversity is in our DNA and is fundamental to our success. We share core values and embrace our differences. We value an open and inclusive working environment, and practice empathy. We’re team players and we’ve got each other’s back.
4. We innovate with purpose 📈 - We question the “why” and challenge the “how”. We create solutions for today while designing our technology for the growing demands of tomorrow.
Hivebrite's working principles:
-Caring and Inclusive
-Company and team-player
If you wish to apply, click on the blue button 👇