Senior Customer Development Representative
Washington, D.C. /
Hivemapper is modern mapping infrastructure. Our machine vision powered mapping tools help forward thinking teams build smarter maps. Maps that see changes. Maps that understand. Some of the world’s most important organizations trust Hivemapper to build their maps that can see.
With just over 20 employees, Hivemapper is a team of mathematicians, designers, programmers, and scientists from well-known companies like Palantir, Mapbox, and Yahoo, working together to create a modern mapping platform fed by a network of videos.
Our work is fast-paced, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary as we focus on solving truly challenging problems. Our team and tech are growing rapidly, we encourage skill development and learning new things, and we love to promote leaders from within.
What We Need
Hivemapper’s Customer Development team is looking for people interested in helping to scale our public presence across both the Government and Commercial sectors. This involves owning the full story arc from first contact with a potential customer through to a signed deal. As a startup, every employee at Hivemapper is expected to be self-driven, excited to grow the company, and always developing new ways to succeed in our ever-changing environment.
All members of the Customer Development team work in both the Government and Commercial verticals and must be comfortable supporting multiple different opportunities and projects at once.
As a start up, we operate fast and give responsibility to every member of our team. We will always work to support each other, but every employee must be able to operate independently with their own drive and ownership of their area.
What You'll Do
- Outbound to find new opportunities.
- Go out into the field to ensure the success of your opportunities both pre and post sales.
- Negotiate contracts with potential customers.
- Create new content to drive opportunities - blog posts, white papers, proposals, etc.
- Work closely with the broader Hivemapper team to define the future of where our platform needs to go.
- Brief every level of a customer organization include C-suite executives and their staff.
- Give talks at large conferences.
- At the end of the day, you will be responsible for driving customer demand and deal closures at every level.
- Travel (<25% of time).
What We're Looking For
- Clear and direct communicator both with customers and internally at Hivemapper - We aren’t looking for a person who makes everything always sound great even when it isn’t. We all do better when we’re operating with accurate information.
- Knows how to run a customer through the sales cycle from first contact at an event or outbound call all the way through the contracting process.
- Desire to build their own pipeline, source new leads, and bring those leads to fruition.
- Willingness to expand beyond the classic “sales role” to help create marketing content, represent Hivemapper publicly at events, and work alongside the core Engineering team to provide feedback on what users are asking for.
- Comfortable walking into a room of type A executives or subject matter experts and being the “Hivemapper expert”.
- Experience in the Government vertical - in particular the federalGovernment.
- Familiarity with GIS workflows and tools.
- Familiarity with AWS, server-side software platforms, and SaaS and on-premises business/deployment models.
- Software development or technical background and comfortable talking about the more technical side of software sales.
- Familiarity with various visual collection platforms: camera systems, LiDAR data, video formats, collection metadata, drones, etc.
- Active US Government Clearance.
- Part 107 drone pilots license.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Hivemapper does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Hivemapper does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.