Advanced Algorithm Engineer, 3D Maps
San Francisco Bay Area /
Hivemapper is modern mapping infrastructure. Our machine vision powered mapping tools help forward thinking teams build smarter maps. Maps that see changes. Maps that understand. Some of the world’s most important organizations trust Hivemapper to build their maps that can see.
With just over 20 employees, Hivemapper is a team of mathematicians, designers, programmers, and scientists from well-known companies like Palantir, Mapbox, and Yahoo, working together to create a modern mapping platform fed by a network of videos.
Our work is fast-paced, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary as we focus on solving truly challenging problems. Our team and tech are growing rapidly, we encourage skill development and learning new things, and we love to promote leaders from within.
What We Need
As we improve our technologies in speed, accuracy, information content, flexibility, and many other ways, we only have room for smart, ambitious people with at least some entrepreneurial blood running through their veins.
As a developer of advanced algorithms you will collaborate with teammates across the company to design, develop, test, and deploy sophisticated solutions to a wide variety of challenging problems. The ideal candidate for this role not only has strong technical implementation skills, but a demonstrated fluency in flexible mathematical and algorithmic thinking. We are open to hiring varying levels of experience for this role.
What You'll Do
- Research, develop and prototype advanced hardware and software technologies related to 3D reconstruction, photometric stereo, object detection, and point cloud registration.
- Develop algorithms for refining and denoising 3D maps and removing dynamic objects
- Develop evaluation tools for ensuring the quality of large scale 3D maps
- Design and implement 3D scene segmentation algorithms to intelligently map environments using a mix of geometric and deep learning approaches.
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of experience, and Masters and above degree in Applied Maths or related field
- C++ proficiency
- Robust experience in mathematics and algorithms
- Proficiency with probabilistic inference and 3D geometry
Nice To Haves
- Experience in machine learning, AI, 3D data, high performance computing or other relevant domains.
- Strong systems design sense
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Hivemapper does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Hivemapper does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.