Computer Vision Engineer
San Francisco Bay Area /
Hivemapper is modern mapping infrastructure. Our machine vision powered mapping tools help forward thinking teams build smarter maps. Maps that see changes. Maps that understand. Some of the world’s most important organizations trust Hivemapper to build their maps that can see.
With just over 20 employees, Hivemapper is a team of mathematicians, designers, programmers, and scientists from well-known companies like Palantir, Mapbox, and Yahoo, working together to create a modern mapping platform fed by a network of videos.
Our work is fast-paced, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary as we focus on solving truly challenging problems. Our team and tech are growing rapidly, we encourage skill development and learning new things, and we love to promote leaders from within.
What We Need
As we improve our technologies in speed, accuracy, information content, flexibility, and many other ways, we only have room for smart, ambitious people with at least some entrepreneurial blood running through their veins.
Computer Vision is the foundation of our maps. We’re tackling challenging problems with unique datasets using a blend of cutting edge academic and industry methods and our own proprietary technologies. We’re especially involved in 3D reconstruction, but also in classification, segmentation, and other areas of both traditional and modern computer vision. The ideal candidate for this role has training or extensive experience in computer vision and 3D reconstruction and is both familiar with the state of the field and in possession of excellent technical implementation skills. We are open to hiring varying levels of experience for this role.
What You'll Do
- Research, development and implementation of production quality computer vision algorithms
- Develop and implement readable, maintainable and efficient production-ready code in C / C++ and Python
- Tackle challenges such as automatically denoising and refining maps, removing dynamic objects, dealing with gaps in data, and removing bad data due to SLAM failures
- Design, implement, evaluate and test 3D reconstruction algorithms and systems with a focus on dense reconstruction, SFM, multi-view stereo, meshing, photogrammetry, SLAM, and sensor fusion.
What We're Looking For
- M.S. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or Computer Vision
- Experience with 3D reconstruction
- A solid foundation in linear algebra and Computer Vision in the areas of sensor geometry/calibration, non-linear optimization and sensor fusion
Nice To Haves
- Proficiency in C++
- Expertise in 3D Reconstruction
- Technical fluency with OpenCV, OpenMVG, etc.
- Experience in machine learning, object classification, 3d modeling or other relevant domains
- Strong product sense
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Hivemapper does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Hivemapper does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.