Advanced Algorithm Engineer, Georegistration
San Francisco Bay Area /
Hivemapper is modern mapping infrastructure. Our machine vision powered mapping tools help forward thinking teams build smarter maps. Maps that see changes. Maps that understand. Some of the world’s most important organizations trust Hivemapper to build their maps that can see.
With just over 20 employees, Hivemapper is a team of mathematicians, designers, programmers, and scientists from well-known companies like Palantir, Mapbox, and Yahoo, working together to create a modern mapping platform fed by a network of videos.
Our work is fast-paced, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary as we focus on solving truly challenging problems. Our team and tech are growing rapidly, we encourage skill development and learning new things, and we love to promote leaders from within.
What We Need
As we improve our technologies in speed, accuracy, information content, flexibility, and many other ways, we only have room for smart, ambitious people with at least some entrepreneurial blood running through their veins.
We are looking for a Senior level engineer that combines a demonstrated fluency in flexible mathematical and algorithmic thinking with strong technical implementation skills. Hivemapper’s distributed 3D mapping technology relies on our proprietary georegistration technology - the ability to accurately and automatically localize 3D data to its real world location. You will take charge of advancing these algorithmic capabilities to reach greater levels of accuracy, efficiency, and adaptability to new types of data. This work requires that you thrive on solving algorithmic challenges with an eye towards advancing the frontiers of mapping technology.
What You'll Do
- Lead advancements in Hivemapper’s core georegistration technology capabilities
- Solve cutting edge algorithmic R&D problems with immediate product applications
- Combine data and techniques from airborne and ground-based mapping.
- Collaborate with a team of experts in AI/ML, computer vision, computational geometry, high performance computing, and more.
What We're Looking For
- PhD or equivalent experience in Applied Mathematics or a related field, e.g., Physics
- Strong programming ability
- Robust experience in mathematics and algorithms
- Strong spatial reasoning skills
Nice To Haves
- C++ Proficiency
- Experience in machine learning, AI, GIS, high performance computing or other relevant domains
- Strong systems design sense
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Hivemapper does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Hivemapper does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.