New York, New York
As an Investment Principal at Hivemind Capital, your role is pivotal in shaping the investment strategy and overseeing capital deployment. This involves conducting rigorous research, in-depth analysis, strategic networking, and meticulous diligence, all contributing significantly to decisions on capital allocation within specific verticals of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
Your typical workweek includes thorough vetting of investment opportunities, proactive relationship building, hands-on networking for deal sourcing, crafting research and data-driven recommendations. As a valued team member, you'll actively contribute to refining investment strategies, fostering relationships within the crypto ecosystem, and nurturing future leaders in the blockchain industry. The ideal candidate is a seasoned venture professional with a proactive mindset and a curious nature.
- Proactively source new investment opportunities by leveraging your network, attending events, doing market research, etc.
- Proactively expand your network and represent Hivemind at conferences and other industry events.
- Evaluating inbound and outbound leads through diligence meetings, market research, product reviews, competitive analysis, metrics analysis, customer/user reviews, and technical diligence.
- Identify new research opportunities within the Web3 space and collaborate with Hivemind’s Research department to produce concise reports or models.
- Work with Hivemind Operations and Legal to close desired investments.
- Assist with Portfolio Management via regular catchups with portfolio companies and documented valuation analysis.
- 5+ years of professional experience in venture capital
- Strong knowledge of blockchain and related ecosystems, with professional experience preferred.
- Proficiency in building relationships, via regular engagement with entrepreneurs and the startup community.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills for investment decisions and ongoing work with existing portfolio companies.
- Effective collaboration within a team environment along with the capacity to work independently daily.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to compile and present well-documented analysis in spreadsheet, presentation, and written formats.
$125,000 - $150,000 a year
Thie expected base salary for this New York-based position ranges from $125,000 - $150,000. The actual base salary will be determined individually, considering several factors, including but not limited to experience, education, relevant certifications, skills, and geographic location. In addition to the base salary and the competitive benefits package listed above, this position is eligible for additional types of compensation.
Hivemind Capital Partners ("Hivemind") is a crypto-focused investment firm dedicated to blockchain technologies, crypto companies, and the digital assets ecosystem. Hivemind leverages a converging multi-strategy approach to create start-to-finish capital solutions for entrepreneurs and provides category-leading infrastructure to institutionalize crypto investing. For more information, visit https://hivemind.capital