Homebase is an engineering driven organization, so your role as an engineer is to constantly improve our products and make our customers happy. For the foreseeable future that means building our local-first hosting service, contributing to our open source projects like homebase-react, and contributing to Datahike (the first local-first DB).
- Be kind, patient and communicative
- Deep interest in data, devtools or developer communities
- Work with your team, collaborators and customers to uncover requirements and design solutions
- Release something weekly and learn from it
Nice to haves
- Open source experience
- Database development experience, particularly datalog
- Distributed systems experience, particularly CRDTs
- Experience building developer tools
- DevOps experience, particularly Terraform and AWS
What we offer
- Fully remote work anywhere in the US (elsewhere on request)
- Flexible and sustainable working hours
- Equipment stipend
- Health care
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Homebase is accelerating the world's transition to local-first software. We believe that data should live on device. Local data should sync seamlessly across devices and collaboration should be built into the data structures developers use every day to build applications.
Some of the best applications like Figma, Superhuman and Messenger already incorporate local-first principles to improve performance, security and collaboration. At Homebase we're aiming to make these tools accessible to all developers by simplifying hosting of local-first apps and contributing to core open source projects like the Datahike database.
Homebase is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. All employment is based on merit and business need.