2200 Lithonia Industrial Blvd. Lithonia, GA 30058 /
Operations – Production /
Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our plant-based crew is the lifeblood of our organization, operating in a supportive environment that allows the workplace to feel like a home away from home. Our work product is a testament to what collaboration, heart, and hustle can accomplish when combined. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
The Safety Supervisor holds overall responsibility for the implementation of and adherence to the Home Chef Safety, Health, Environmental (EH&S), and Food Safety policies for all departments and all employees in the plant.
Implements Health and Safety, Policies, Programs, and Systems:
- Assists with drafting and leads implementation of all health and safety policies
- Oversees implementation of internal OSHA compliance program, including internal assessments, corrective actions, and coaching
- Implements and maintains hourly employee driven observation system (e.g. lockout tag-out observations, ergonomic observations, etc.) under the direction of the National Safety Manager
- Manages communication and roll out for all new policies, ensuring all impacted employees are informed and understand expectations
- Conducts EH&S training for new employees and conducts annual re-training for existing employees Maintains all training material and related knowledge assessments
- Maintains proper documentation of training for all active employees
- Coordinates with HR to ensure all new employees receive training and all existing employees undergo a refresher training within an appropriate time frame
Identifies and Leads Safety Committee
- Builds Safety Team of 6-7 people per shift representative across departments and positions (e.g. associates, leads, supervisors)
- Plans and conducts regular safety meetings (at least monthly) with safety committee to discuss safety issues and provide targeted training to committee members
- Ensures issued discussed in the safety meetings are adequately communicated to all members of the Home Chef Team
- Holds safety committee members accountable for escalating safety issues identified by any member of the Home Chef team
- Promotes employee engagement in the Safety process.
- Participates in corporate safety committee to share best practices across Home Chef plants
Assists with Root Causes Analyses in Response to Safety Incidents
- Uses safety expertise to advise management on root cause analyses conducted in response to all safety incidents and recommends corrective and preventive actions to manage and prevent future incidents
- Serves as liaison between management and maintenance in execution of action items related to safety
- Partners closely with Human Resources to effectively manage worker compensation by coordinating doctors visits, determining time off requirements, and setting and communicating any physical limitations upon the employee’s return to work
- Conducts research to help with the creation of job safety analysis (JSAs) processes plant-wide.
Coordinates and Executes Emergency Drills
- Coordinates emergency drills (e.g. fire drills, inclement weather drills, earthquake drills (CA), chemical exposure drills (ATL) to maintain readiness for reasonably predictable scenarios
- Ensures all required drills are conducted annually for each shift
- Maintains proper documentation of all emergency drills performed
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 4+ years of safety experience
- GED or equivalent
- Fluency in Spanish preferred, but not required
Perks and benefits:
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance available
- Paid holidays, sick time and vacation time
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here