433 W Van Buren St, Chicago, IL 60607 (Downtown) /
Corporate & Support Teams – Finance /
Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
The Payroll Specialist works closely with Human Resources and other departments to drive the in-house payroll process. This includes gathering payroll data, correcting discrepancies, inputting information into payroll systems, and tracking down missing information and paperwork. The Payroll Specialist will research and resolve payroll discrepancies and issues in a thorough and timely manner.
- Processes payroll cycles for 1800+ employees in various states, following weekly and biweekly pay schedules
- Ensure all employee and timecard information is accurate for weekly payroll for hourly employees and biweekly payroll for salaried employees
- Track down missing documentation and information and resolve discrepancies with payroll data
- Audit payroll data such as incorrect status, rate, or other data and take action to correct
- Input payroll data and review and research any payroll irregularities to bring to a resolution
- Problem solve to improve processes, support field staff, and assist employees in a positive and professional manner with their payroll inquiries
- Assist Payroll Manager with various payroll related projects such as streamlining local HR/payroll processes (PTO, Leave of Absence, pay rate changes, etc.)
- Work with field HR to ensure proper documentation and accuracy of payroll data
- Respond to employee payroll-related inquiries and research and coordinate any necessary payroll corrections
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 4-6 years of relevant payroll experience
- Strong Computer skills, including Microsoft Office and/or Google Products
- Detail oriented, organized and be able to juggle multiple tasks and communicate effectively
- Able to work well under pressure and have a sense of urgency to make payroll deadlines
- Keep both employee data and company information confidential
- Ability to identify issues, problem solve and follow through to resolution
- ADP Workforce Now and/or Kronos
- Workforce Ready experience a plus
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here