Quality Control Supervisor - 2nd Shift
1445 S. Tippecanoe Ave. San Bernardino, CA 92408 /
Operations – Food Safety/Quality /
Home Chef is a rapidly growing meal kit delivery service, fueled by our customer-first mentality and incredible team. Our plant-based crew is the lifeblood of our organization, operating in a supportive environment that allows the workplace to feel like a home away from home. Our work product is a testament to what collaboration, heart, and hustle can accomplish when combined. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
2nd Shift hours 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm Weekend work is required
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for supporting the quality control function within the company. The role includes a combination of supervision and active participation in the tasks to ensure that all products are consistent, of the highest quality, and meet all requirements.
Reporting and Planning
- Assign daily and weekly responsibilities for QC Associates and Leads, making sure there are appropriate resources to cover all activities
- Assist QC Superintendent with development of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual schedules
- Create QC Supervisor Recap; document any issues and work with the Quality Control Superintendent for resolution
- Oversee core Quality functions including portioning, meal bagging, and final box verification, working closely with Leads and Associates to help monitor work and resolve any issues
- Support communications with Production Management regarding any process that does not meet the standard requirements, and work together with necessary parties (e.g., Production Management, Production Team Leads, Production Associates, QC Superintendents and QC Associates) to resolve issues
- Conduct GMP audits and notify production management of violations; work with Production to resolve any issues
- Issues correct Quality samples to production team leads/production associates prior to production
- Work with QC Superintendent to help resolve food and non-food procurement quality issues within the shift, including but not limited to, questions related to produce quality, portioning quantity, and missing ingredients
- Escalate any decisions to QC Superintendent, FSQA Manager and Culinary as needed
- Oversee training programming, holding Training Lead accountable for delivering all components of the QC Associate Training program to new QC Associates
- Train, coach and empower Quality Associates and Leads
- Participate in performance review and corrective action meetings for QC Associates and Leads with QC Superintendent
Attitude and Attendance
- Arrives to work at scheduled time and follows time off request procedure
- Communicates with co-workers in a professional manner
- Treats co-workers with respect at all times
- Escalates attitude issues among QC associates to QC Manager
- Employs effective teamwork skills to collaborate with Production
- Follow the facility GMPs and help enforce them throughout the facility
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum Associate’s degree in food science, food technology, microbiology or related field.
- In lieu of an Associate’s Degree, a combination of education and experience may be considered, provided that the candidate has demonstrated proficiency in the areas of food safety or quality supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Google applications required
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English is required and fluency Spanish preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working in food quality / food safety, preferred
- Must be able to attain ServSafe Manager certification within 30 days of hire
- Ability to use, maintenance, and interpret results of laboratory and quality equipment and instrumentation
- Knowledge of filling and weighing equipment.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Temperature: Must be able and willing to work in refrigerated coolers (~38⁰F)
- Equipment: Employees must be able to use the following equipment:
- Laboratory and quality equipment and instrumentation
- Computer and related software
- Automated and manual filling and weighing equipment.
Perks and benefits:
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance available
- Paid holidays, sick time and vacation time
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here