2200 Lithonia Industrial Blvd. Lithonia, GA 30058 /
Operations – Food Safety/Quality /
Home Chef is a rapidly growing meal kit delivery service, fueled by our customer-first mentality and incredible team. Our plant-based crew is the lifeblood of our organization, operating in a supportive environment that allows the workplace to feel like a home away from home. Our work product is a testament to what collaboration, heart, and hustle can accomplish when combined. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for executing the Master Sanitation Schedule and overseeing the work of the sanitation team on the shift for the cleaning and sanitizing of food assembly lines and non-food handling areas of the facility. The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for managing the performance of the individuals reporting to their respective team which includes participating in hiring, having coaching discussions, delivering feedback, and conducting performance reviews. The Supervisor must be able to oversee multiple activities simultaneously and take ownership of the output of leads and associates working on his or her team. The Supervisor is also responsible for exhibiting a strong working knowledge of all sanitation principles, equipment and chemicals. The supervisor must be able to manage and troubleshoot all technological tools used in sanitation (e.g. master sanitation schedule). The supervisor is also expected to work closely with other functions within the facility to execute plant-wide initiatives.
Training, Coaching and Culture
- Develops a team of Leads and Associates on their assigned team through training on all SOPs and actively coaches when SOPs are not executed
- Facilitates and leads Sanitation huddles with assigned team to communicate safety topics, sanitation plans, GMPs and changes to processes
- Works with their leads to help them better motivate and coach their assigned team of associates
- Coaches and works with leads on problem solving as obstacles impacting sanitation pace, safety, quality, or planned activities arise
- Manages conflict among employees on their assigned team as needed, but escalates more serious issues to the Sanitation Superintendent
- Responsible for maintaining employee relationships for the assigned team including interviewing, hiring, coaching, performance management, disciplining, and training
- Cultivates culture of mutual respect and demonstrates a “Safety First, Quality Always” mentality
- Is approachable and collaborative with all hourly sanitation associates and leads, especially their team
- Plans, manages and directs shift sanitation operations per Master Sanitation Schedule, Sanitation policies and programs, and regulatory requirements, ensuring all plant equipment is clean and safe for production.
- Ensures all sanitation employees are employing appropriate personal protective equipment and are operating safely
- Coordinates the sanitation plan with production and quality to ensure cleaning tasks are completed adequately and on time.
- Develops SSOP’s for the equipment and plant structures as necessary.
- Assists the Sanitation Superintendent in managing the inventory of sanitation supplies.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions, reports findings to Sanitation Superintendent and proposes and executes solutions.
- Ensures all necessary documentation of the Sanitation Program is completed.
- Performs activities of workers supervised
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Leads by example and embodies Home Chef values of Customer First, Best-in-Class Team, Ownership, Pursue Excellence, and Deliver Happiness and Home Chef behaviors of Humble Team-Player, Pragmatic Next-Level Thinker and Take Ownership.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Sanitation Superintendent and Home Chef Operations Team, across other departments (production, warehouse, maintenance, HR, and procurement), and within the FSQA team.
- Follow the facility GMP and Safety Standard and help enforce them throughout the facility
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 1+ years experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years previous sanitation supervisory experience
- Experience in developing team members through both leading and managing
- Must possess strong leadership, organizational, and planning skills
- Previous experience with GFSI, SQF, FDA and USDA audits, preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Perks and benefits:
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance available
- Paid holidays, sick time and vacation time
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here