Full Stack Developer (Back End Focus, New York)
New York /
Engineering Team /
Full Time Remote
At HomeLister we are on a mission to transform home selling into a simple, enjoyable and fairly priced transaction. The average home seller pays 30% of their equity in brokerage commissions - beyond expensive. HomeLister is remaking the $60bn a year real estate industry into an online end to end marketing, transaction, and financial management platform. Our homes sell faster, our sellers keep more of their money, and our sellers are happier than with a traditional agent. HomeLister is the fastest growing real estate company, entering a new state on average every 6 weeks.
We are hiring a full stack developer with a back end focus to join a dynamic, experienced team. We are looking for engineers who can not only tackle technical problems, but also collaborate and evangelize best practices across teams.
• Architecting and implementing solutions at the core of our application
• Working closely with other members of development team, including fullstack, front-end, data and infrastructure engineers
• Writing and deploying clean, tested and well-documented code
• Contributing ideas for new features and proactively identifying areas for improvement
• Mentoring other members of the team via code reviews and collaborative sessions
• 3+ years backend experience with Node.js
• Experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure, or other cloud server platforms
• Experience with NoSQL such as MongoDB; relational database systems like MySQL and PostgreSQL and in-memory data storage tools such as Redis
• Familiarity with React, Next.js, Typescript, styled-components. Although this position will be mainly focused on the backend, strong JS, HTML, CSS skills are a plus.
• Experience with continuous integration and automated testing tools and methodologies
• Experience with serverless architecture and microservices.
Culture at HomeLister
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group both from the real estate world and many other backgrounds (ecom, product, consumer, writing, etc). We are athletes, cookbook authors, volunteers, surfers, bikers and many more... Our employees are passionate about our mission and care about our customers.
We believe in supporting our employees and creating a work environment that is positive, productive and rewarding. We put our people first. We offer health benefits, dental, vision, and matching 401K. We hire both for remote work or co-located in New York City or Santa Monica.
When you’re ready for a challenge and a team that will support you along the way, join us. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the real estate market every day. HomeLister is an equal opportunity employer.