VP of Marketing
Location: Remote in Toronto
Job Type: Full Time - Perm
Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 hours/week
Perks of joining HomeStars:
- All our roles are currently remote.
- Office equipment supplied!
- Comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to stay healthy!
- Monthly wellness activities to support your mental and physical health
- Home Improvement Credit: All employees receive a yearly credit to use toward a service from HomeStars
- December Closure: Our whole team takes a break in the last week of December, every year
- Personal Days: 5 extra days off per year, on top of vacation and sick days
- Beautiful brick & beam office in the heart of Toronto’s entertainment district, including a rec room with lounge, ping pong, darts, and foosball
- We are in search of a dynamic VP Marketing to propel our team into the next phase of growth. With a 17 year legacy, we are Canada's largest and most trusted home service digital marketplace, ready for massive expansion in the $80B industry.
- Our mission is to empower homeowners to get their home projects done confidently and to support home service professionals to grow their businesses. As the VP Marketing, your core responsibility will be formulating a marketing strategy that dynamically responds to marketplace dynamics, focusing on demand generation for Canadian homeowners.
- Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will lead the charge in crafting a growth marketing strategy, supporting our customer base, and ensuring efficient and scalable operations. You'll work alongside a high-impact team, guiding them to execute the marketing plan with agility and responsiveness to shifting market dynamics.
- This role is ideal for someone deeply rooted in performance marketing, with a proven track record in acquiring users in an agile manner across various digital channels.
Your typical day at HomeStars:
- Develop an agile performance marketing strategy for B2C demand generation, adapting to marketplace dynamics across SEM, Social, Email, Content, and other key areas.
- Empower both the B2B and B2C marketing teams to execute an agile, data-driven, performance-oriented operation with efficiency and scalability in mind.
- Establish marketing OKRs and KPIs that reflect agile responsiveness, holding the team accountable for exceeding them.
- Optimize existing and pilot new customer acquisition channels, quickly measuring and scaling their impact.
- Provide real-time reporting and discussions to leadership and stakeholders on channel and activity performance, aligning with agile demand generation goals.
- Coach and guide the team to cultivate a culture of agility and responsiveness, developing career development paths for the department.
- Actively contribute to the leadership team by participating in discussions, planning, and company-wide presentations.
- 10+ years of Marketing experience, including a minimum of 5 years managing a performance marketing team and successfully impacting business growth.
- Proven ability to acquire users in an agile way across digital channels.
- Experience leading marketing teams, budgets, and full-funnel management in an fast-paced environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience in real-time forecasting and reporting on metrics to senior management.
- Passion for driving agile growth strategies and delivering outstanding results.
- Track record of managing a digital marketing budget with agility and performance marketing KPI tracking and optimization.
- Analytical and data-driven decision-making mentality.
- Expertise in key marketing channels, including Search, Social, YouTube, TikTok and more.
- Comfortable leading, managing, and executing in an agile environment while setting a strong example for the team.
- Leadership experience focused on coaching and developing team members for career growth in an agile context.
HomeStars is Canada’s leading platform connecting homeowners with qualified service professionals for their home improvement needs. Every month, over half a million homeowners visit HomeStars to research and select the best-rated professionals nearby. Check out homestars.com to learn more!
HomeStars Core Values
Our Core Values are woven into everything we do. They guide how we behave, how we act, and what we will aspire to be. They underpin the culture of HomeStars and act as drivers for impact, personal growth, and collective performance.
Customer Obsessed: When our customers thrive, we thrive. We put their needs first.
Think Big: We think without limits. We believe in the possible.
Embrace Candor: We speak up, listen, and challenge respectfully.
Act Like an Owner: We’re invested, we own our outcomes.
Bias for Action: We take action to accelerate our success. Speed matters.
We’re Stronger Together: Our differences empower us, and our will to win unites us.
HomeStars has recently been recognized as:
Great Place to Work® Certified™
Best Workplaces in Inclusion 2023
Best Workplaces in Technology 2023
Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness 2023
Best Workplace™ with Most Trusted Executive Teams 2023
Best Workplaces™ Managed by Women 2023
Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures 2023
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.