Lead Data Infrastructure Engineer - Cambridge, UK
Technology – Platform Engineering /
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry?
HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
HomeX is embarking on an ambitious journey, and it’s an exciting and challenging time to join us and be a crucial part of our data initiatives. The Infrastructure team is tasked with building out a data lake and data pipelines in AWS to provide the Analytics and Applied Science global teams access to a plethora of data. These data initiatives will be critical to the success of understanding customer behavior that will allow us to enhance customer experiences and leverage competitive advantages.
You will play a leading role in designing, implementing, operating and continually improving the data platform to meet the data needs of the organization. You will work with data owners across the business to ensure the platform meets business needs and complies with company policies and regulations for data security and privacy.
Our infrastructure team works horizontally across the business, and is working towards a world class cloud infrastructure implementation that leverages the best practices. We have a solid framework that provides our goals structured towards security, scalability, cost optimizations, performance and reliability. This allows us to be at the forefront technologically when delivering our solutions to customers.
- This role involves an experienced individual with a broad skill set to architect, build and operate our data platform from the ground up. Implementation will leverage the latest technologies and practices through infrastructure as code. It will also involve all stages of design, development and implementation of database objects, procedures and processes to support business objectives throughout the organization, and enhancing existing production databases through scalability and performance efficiency.
- Working collaboratively will be integral for the success of this role as you will need to build relationships with Analytics, Applied Science and Development teams. You must be willing to ensure that you take into account all these teams' needs and deliver solutions that both satisfy all requirements and push the envelope on our data lake and data pipeline solutions.
- This technical position will provide a unique opportunity for you to have ownership over your work and be hands-on during all stages of the projects throughout all stages of problem solving, implementation, testing and monitoring.
- As a Data Infrastructure Engineer you’ll be used to working with one or more programming languages such as Python, YAML.
- Previous working experience with Data Ingestion, Data Lakes and building out Data Pipelines within a cloud environment.
- As we are primarily cloud focused, experience with AWS (preferred), Azure or Google Cloud is required.
- Proficiency working with data in various databases and formats (SQL, NoSQL, Graph, JSON, XML, etc.)
- Previous experience of administering databases, and clear examples of how you continually improved, or successfully managed databases to meet changing demands.
- Expertise on the best practices in delivery of secure, scalable and cost optimized solutions within a cloud environment.
Why work with us?
Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.