Software Engineer - Cambridge, UK
Technology – Platform Engineering /
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry?
HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
Radically changing the Home Services industry with technology requires a solid foundation to operate on. The Platform and Data Engineering organisation at HomeX builds and operates the foundational technologies that underpin HomeX’s digital products and services and enable the success of our network of managed service companies. The teams manage our compute, network and storage infrastructure; our data platform, from ingest through insights and everything in between; tools, services and frameworks for our development teams; and the IT infrastructure, devices and software that make all members of our workforce successful from their first day onwards.
As a Software Engineer on the Platform Services team, you’ll be responsible for end-to-end ownership of platform level services such as identity and access management; payments and billing; omnichannel communications; and location. You’ll be involved in the full lifecycle from specification and design; implementation, testing, and deployment; through to operating those services in a production environment. You’ll work alongside our application development and product teams to deliver secure, reliable, performant, cost effective solutions that form the foundation of HomeX’s digital business.
- Drive delivery of platform level features and capabilities for use across multiple HomeX Consumer and B2B products and services.
- Build and operate secure, reliable, performant, cost-effective production systems that are critical to core business operations.
- Work with business and product teams to develop right sized solutions in a timely fashion.
- Deeply understand how your systems behave and use that understanding to continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Continually improve the quality of your team’s work and development practices across the full development lifecycle.
- Provide technical mentorship for other engineers in your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or relevant industry experience.
- Experience driving delivery of end-to-end solutions from requirements gathering to operations.
- Experience developing RESTful services, GraphQL, relational and NoSQL databases.
- Proven track record operating business critical production services at scale.
- Experience with the secure development lifecycle.
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP.
Why work with us?
Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.