Senior Software Engineer
Cambridge, UK /
HomeX – Applied Science /
HomeX is an end-to-end technology and services platform for both homeowners and service providers, radically improving the historically complex and fragmented home services industry.
About the Job
Radically changing the home services industry requires a significant investment across a breadth of research topics. The science group at HomeX is expanding to help us do exactly this. We are currently working to solve some of the hardest problems in the areas of dynamic pricing, natural language processing, machine reasoning, knowledge engineering, information extraction and ontology design. Joining our group now provides opportunities to help define future direction, break ground in new areas, and contribute back to the community.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our applied science team in Cambridge, UK. You’ll be responsible for building and operating production systems that push the boundaries of technology in Natural Language Understanding (NLU) with conversational diagnostics, knowledge representation, reasoning and machine perception. You will deliver radically better customer experiences across the home services industry at large.
- Drive delivery of platform level features and capabilities for use across multiple HomeX Consumer and B2B products and services.
- Follow research trends in relevant areas and apply SOTA solutions to real world problems that have significant customer impact. Invent new solutions as needed.
- Build and operate secure, reliable, performant, cost-effective production systems that are critical to core business operations.
- Work with business and product teams to develop right sized solutions in a timely fashion to have maximum customer impact.
- Deeply understand how your systems behave and use that understanding to continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Continually improve the quality of your team’s work and development practices across the full development lifecycle.
- Provide technical mentorship for other engineers in your team.
- Experience developing RESTful services, GraphQL, relational, NoSQL and/or graph databases.
- Experience driving delivery of end-to-end solutions from requirements gathering to operations.
- Experience with processing large quantities of data, eg. using Python / pandas / ETL pipelines / etc..Proven track record operating business critical production services at scale.
- Experience with the secure development lifecycle.
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or significant relevant industry experience.
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry? HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
Check out our recent press, including TechCrunch's coverage of our $90M raise, here.
Why work with us? Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, including permanent remote status, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs