NLP Research Engineer - old
Technology – Science
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry?
HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
About the Job
Radically changing the home services industry requires a significant investment across a breadth of research topics. The science group at HomeX is expanding to help us do exactly this. We are currently working to solve some of the hardest problems in the areas of stochastic optimization, vehicle routing, logistics, dynamic pricing, natural language processing, machine reasoning, knowledge engineering, and ontology. Joining our group now provides opportunities to help define future direction, break ground in new areas, and contribute back to the community.
We’re looking for a Research Engineer to join our applied science team in Cambridge, UK. You’ll be responsible for building and operating production systems that push the boundaries of technology in Natural Language Processing (NLP) with conversational diagnostics, knowledge representation, reasoning, and machine perception. You will deliver radically better customer experiences across the home services industry at large.
- Develop deep learning models for spoken and written language understanding.
- Develop end-to-end conversational AI for troubleshooting and diagnosing customer problems.
- Build and operate production systems that incorporate your own and others' research.
- Work with product and engineering teams to add value to HomeX Consumer and B2B offerings.
- Deeply understand how your systems behave and use that understanding to continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or significant relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with NLP techniques such as NER, Entity Linking, language embeddings.
- Experience using machine learning libraries in production e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch.
- Familiarity with language modeling tools such as spaCy, NLTK, StanfordNLP.
- Familiarity with conversational dialog frameworks e.g. Dialogflow, Amazon Lex, Rasa.
- A broad understanding of semantic technologies such as knowledge graphs, RDF/OWL, SPARQL.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK (no visa sponsorship or relocation) and able to travel to HomeX offices in Canada and the United States.
Why work with us?
Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.