Infrastructure Engineer - Cambridge, UK
Technology – Platform Engineering /
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry?
HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
HomeX is embarking on an ambitious journey, and it’s an exciting and challenging time to join us and be a crucial part of our infrastructure initiatives. The Infrastructure team is tasked with building out environments in AWS to provide our global teams with the stability, robustness and security that best supports our applications. These infrastructure initiatives will be critical to the success of our growth of our digital offering to our end users.
The infrastructure engineer will play a large role in designing, implementing, operating and continually improving our solutions.
Our infrastructure team works horizontally across the business, and is working towards a world class cloud infrastructure and delivery pipeline implementation that leverage the best industry wide standards. To continually improve the services we offer to development teams, we invest in the latest technologies and best practices. We have a solid framework that provides our goals structured towards security, scalability, cost optimizations, performance and reliability. This allows us to be at the forefront technologically when delivering our solutions to customers.
- This role involves managing and operating infrastructure as code to reduce the time of delivering features to customers, innovating with the latest technology to add value to HomeX. It will involve implementation and management of continuous delivery tools, and integrating different systems together to improve our overall operational processes. The team works closely with the development teams to educate and empower teams to take end to end ownership of their services.
- Working collaboratively will be integral for the success of this role as you will need to build relationships with Analytics, Applied Science and Development teams. You must be willing to ensure that you take into account all these teams' needs and deliver a solution that both satisfies all requirements and pushes the envelope on our infrastructure and continuous delivery pipelines.
- This technical position will provide a unique opportunity for you to have ownership over your work and be hands-on during all stages of the projects throughout all stages of problem solving, implementation, monitoring and response.
- As an Infrastructure Engineer you’ll be used to working with one or more programming languages such as Python, Go, or another.
- Some practical industry experience, in a related field.
- Understanding of YAML/JSON/HCL configurations, and have worked with git.
- As all our infrastructure is in the cloud, experience with at least one of AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, CircleCI, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Grafana, Prometheus.
- Previous experience of administering infrastructure, and clear examples of how you continually improved, or successfully managed infrastructure to meet changing demands.
- Practical example of how you implemented best practices to deliver a secure, scalable and cost optimized solution.
Why work with us?
Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.