Technology – Application Development
Do you want to reinvent a trillion-dollar industry?
HomeX is a radically better home services platform combining world-class technology and next generation service operations. We are reshaping the experience for both consumers and businesses in the trillion-dollar home services industry.
Being radically better requires new end-to-end solutions for both consumers and technicians. This is why HomeX is combining a technology platform for the entire industry, a managed service network, and full-service experiences for consumers. Creating this integrated ecosystem enables us to deliver uniquely simple and personalized solutions that are redefining home services.
HomeX has experienced exponential growth because of our commitment to evolve the industry, our determination to be a positive force, and our passion for groundbreaking technology. Joining HomeX now is a once in a lifetime career opportunity for anyone passionate about making a difference and making history in consumer technology.
HomeX is seeking a multi-faceted, customer-obsessed, analytical Data Engineer to join the Information Technology team based out of our Toronto, CA office. You will take ideas from the whiteboard to launch and should be comfortable owning everything from data storage and processing, technical research and analysis, application design, coding and thorough testing.
You are a data engineer who loves data and data analytics. You like building scalable data pipelines, data lakes and warehouses. You want to develop at-scale data systems to support and drive business decisions, product development and machine learning pipelines. You want to work with crazy talented team to learn, be challenged and contribute to cutting-edge and hassle-free data analytics platform.
- Build production grade ETL pipelines for our data lake
- Build and maintain reporting and analytical solutions
- Perform data modelling and pipeline processing by combining data from multiple sources
- Use of relational, NoSQL, object storage and graph databases
- Provide support and insights to the business analytics and data science teams
- Share your experience of data access practices and design patterns
- Drive continuous improvements
- Proven experience implementing data lakes with storage, processing and querying of large quantities of structured and unstructured data
- Proven experience of working with AWS or GCP, Hadoop, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in high volume data processing platforms like EMR, Spark, Hive, Dataflow, Dataproc
- Demonstrate experience of using Docker for deployments in a micro-service architecture
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview or similar
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or relevant industry experience
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience using IaaS and PaaS services with AWS and GCP
Must be authorized to work in Canada
Why work with us?
Working at HomeX means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success, as well as the close-knit camaraderie of a team of highly talented and motivated coworkers. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives and competitive benefits for full time employees.
HomeX values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.